Thread: Getting Caught

A woman in my state got caught a week or two ago, and now I'm getting all paranoid. I haven't DL'ed since. I was wondering, what would make someone get caught.

Is it because they are just downloading, or is it because they're sharing files? I've read somewhere that dl'ing can be passed as sampling music.

Also, do programs such as Klite or Soulseek protect against getting caught.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    You have far greater chance getting caught while using k-lite to dl music,than using SoulSeek.
    Soulseek is a network that they can't flood with fakes and screechy mp3's,because it doesn't work with multiple dl sources.Once people know you have only crap to share,noone will dl from you anymore.
    So they know it's a lost cause going after that network

And the majority of people that get sued by the RIAA,are the people that are uploading loads of mp3's.

But not one p2p app can give you protection against getting caught.

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Filliz@18 August 2004 - 07:03
    You have far greater chance getting caught while using k-lite to dl music,than using SoulSeek.
    Soulseek is a network that they can't flood with fakes and screechy mp3's,because it doesn't work with multiple dl sources.Once people know you have only crap to share,noone will dl from you anymore.
    So they know it's a lost cause going after that network

And the majority of people that get sued by the RIAA,are the people that are uploading loads of mp3's.

But not one p2p app can give you protection against getting caught.
    IRC gives the best protect becuase when you enter a channel you auto accept the channel rules and they always ahve the you cannot sue us the people download/uploading any op's or our isps or anyone in here for copyright shit otherwise your breaking the law .

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    or u can use protowall and a router.