Thread: K-lite And Norton Problems

Hello,

I'm new to these forums and have joined because I am having problems with Kazaa Lite due to my Norton Internet Security Firewall. I don't know why but when I open k-lite it will not connect and I need to disable my firewall so it can connect. But then once its connected I can't download files unless I leave Norton disabled because otherwise I can't connect to any sources out there, it wasn't always like this either and I don't know how to fix it and I don't want to leave my firewall down because otherwise i get adware on here, I know this because my sister was doing that and then my computer was littered with ads and stupid toolbars. I went on Kazaa Lite help to try and solve this problem and I got this...

What firewall settings should I use?

Rule based firewalls should use these settings:

#1 Permit outbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.
    #2 Permit inbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.
    I don't know what that is or how to change these settings and Norton is not a program that I am very familiar with so my plea goes out as this, can anyone please help me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have another small question, for some reason my user ration has always been 1000 - K-Lite Master even though I know this wouldn't be true because I only share about 1.5 gig and even sometime when I did download, (when I could) I still got queued and stuff. So how do I find the truth behind my user rating?

Thanks

P.S. I'm not sure if this was the appropriate forum to post this topic, is it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Norton Products are not really good anymore, it use to be great but ever since new products come in line with mass improvements and way better preformance than norton.

So I say go with Sygate.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    but I've already spent like $150 (australian) on it just this year, isn't there an option in the settings or whatever that i can just change???

Please can anyone help?

EDIT: Is this Sygate thing on the net or is it storebought software? If it's on the net is it free?

EDIT ONCE MORE: Don't worry I found this Sygate free version for on Download.com but it would still be nice if anyone knew the problem with Norton.