Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I Upgrade To 60 Gbs Or 80 Gbs?

Poster
    what do u guys reccomend i want to keep lots of movies now and 20 gb HDD right now only habe 6 gbs left what size shold i get? 60 or 80?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    How much movies do you download and how much you plan to?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i wanna keep more DVDRIPS & SSCREENERs and install more software and get windows xp

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I think 60 is ok for that, but 80 seems optional.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    what do you have?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Trust me, 80GBs fills up FAST. My uncle has a 20GB and added 80GB to it. He filled it up in 2 months, mostly movies. Try to get the most you can afford. Samsung has a 120GB for $105.99 final price after shipping. That is a GREAT deal, IMHO. Check it out here.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    The question lies more in mow many gigs do you get for the $£.

the moment you get to about 8$£ per gig then thats the best option.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i think that if u upgrade your computer, u shod upgrade it to the best u can
    so buy the 80G, there is'nt much difference in the price......

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Top tip where hard drives are concerned, you pay for what you get. Quality over size is important. You cant look past makers like Maxtor IBM Western Digital, a little more expensive but in the long run worth it. On the other hand If you were to invest in a CD/RW the cost of media is insignificant, so you can keep the latest movies on your hard drive and then remove older ones to CD when the drive become full. Only my opinion and what the hell do i know I am only A++ qualifed and a network enginere.

P.S. please no pick ups on my crap spelling this thing doesent have a spell checker

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I would go with the 80 Gb drive. Especially if it is the 7200rpm variety vs. 5400rpm. The price difference is negligible. Although branding is very debatable, in the end it really doesn't matter 'cause the odds of getting a defective one is the same. Although, noise and seek times do vary. Read reviews for these issues.(try tom's hardware guide)

p.s. for spell checking, this freeware integrates nicely with Internet Exporer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast