Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinemanow.com- Is It Trustworthy?

I know people will thinks this is spam, but this is an honest question. That is why I did not hotlink the site. Interested people can type it out themselves, if they wish.

So many things on the internet are fraudulant that I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site.

The point is, I would like to download movies at a set subscription price. This site has a huge number of movies and it seems a lot more convenient to download movies, then to have to go rent them and return them at Blockbuster. Also selection is much greater than you can get at the store.

I put it here because this is NOT about FILESHARING, it is about pay-per-view.

Other than this site, does anyone have a safe, legal, and convenient site from which to download a large selection of movies?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    What's so good about paper-viewing?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I've got a place that's completely safe and secure, which also gives me my movies instantly!

It's called the video store.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Rick Phlegm@15 August 2004 - 16:05
    I've got a place that's completely safe and secure, which also gives me my movies instantly!

It's called the video store.
    Did you not read his post? He said they have more choice and they're more convenient

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee+15 August 2004 - 15:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proper Bo, I tell thee @ 15 August 2004 - 15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rick Phlegm@15 August 2004 - 16:05
    I&#39;ve got a place that&#39;s completely safe and secure, which also gives me my movies instantly&#33;

It&#39;s called the video store.
    Did you not read his post? He said they have more choice and they&#39;re more convenient [/b][/quote]
    Why so he did. Guess my eyes drifted over that bit. :">

Still, It&#39;s a better option than streaming a movie off a dodgy website.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee+15 August 2004 - 08:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proper Bo, I tell thee @ 15 August 2004 - 08:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rick Phlegm@15 August 2004 - 16:05
    I&#39;ve got a place that&#39;s completely safe and secure, which also gives me my movies instantly&#33;

It&#39;s called the video store.
    Did you not read his post? He said they have more choice and they&#39;re more convenient [/b][/quote]
    it&#39;s almost impossible to stay on topic......he paper
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Good stuff guys. Thanks for that great feedback.

The question was - is it dodgy or legit?

I wanted to ellicit peoples experience with this site and similar sites.

This is, after all, the next step in evolution of video rentals. If Blockbuster is given the right to rent DVDs, why would they not just eliminate the physical stores and just have a server that gives one access any movie ever.

Such a place is going to happen, you know it makes sense.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Sounds nice...

I&#39;ve checked the site and it looks legit, but I&#39;m naturally reluctant to buy someting on the net (not an issue of "why paying when you can dl for free?", but more of a fear to divulge any bank account or credit card details on the interweb).

I guess I&#39;ll wait that the actual movie companies listed in their links create this type of infrastructure before I start using it.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by Gurahl@15 August 2004 - 13:38
    Sounds nice...

I&#39;ve checked the site and it looks legit, but I&#39;m naturally reluctant to buy someting on the net (not an issue of "why paying when you can dl for free?", but more of a fear to divulge any bank account or credit card details on the interweb).

I guess I&#39;ll wait that the actual movie companies listed in their links create this type of infrastructure before I start using it.
    I&#39;m with you Gurahl, I am a bit fearful of giving out my creditcard number.

I was just hoping someone would say, "Oh yeah, that place is great", or, "I don&#39;t know about that site but this one works for me".

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by hobbes@15 August 2004 - 17:46
    I&#39;m with you Gurahl, I am a bit fearful of giving out my creditcard number.

I was just hoping someone would say, "Oh yeah, that place is great", or, "I don&#39;t know about that site but this one works for me".
    Maybe the guys in Movieworld would know more?

On a side note:
    I&#39;ve just ordered a book from Amazon, and I&#39;m already waiting for the russian haxxor/mob team to burst in my appartment to force me to empty my bank account&#33;
    (not that they would find anything in it even worth the trip from Russia, anyway&#33; )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast