Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Imesh Light 5.01 Rc1

  1. #1
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the poopdeck
    Posts
    1,937
    connects to FastTrack, ed2k, G1 & G2
    iMesh is an nice piece of software to share and download all kinds of media. It a great program except for the big amount of spyware hidden in it. So that's why iMesh Lite exists. This is the original iMesh without spyware and new features where the developers could not think of.

    - Total rebuild iMesh version [version 4.5]
    - All iMesh Premium features enabled [version 4.5]
    - Max download limit up to 100
    - XP Look, Style and Feel
    - New Program and Toolbar icons
    - Lots of options to tweak
    - Language supported
    - No spyware, banners and pop-ups
    - Prepared for SmartStart
    - Skins
    - Include tools from Dustin tools:
    AviPreview+ 26a
    Hosts Manager v1.4
    K-Dat v125
    K-Sig v123 b3 0.1
    MP3Shield v2.0
    PeerGuardian v1.99 pr14
    screenshots
    iMesh Light Webpage
    Bitzi Ticket

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Central California
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,200
    About time they release something. I've been waiting for it.

    Edit:

    It's in RC2 now, however they are still having problems with it.

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the poopdeck
    Posts
    1,937
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@15 August 2004 - 17:16
    About time they release something.  I've been waiting for it. 

    Edit:

    It's in RC2 now, however they are still having problems with it. 
    yeah, RC1 would error out here, and close.
    but the clean version I made works fine

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Is this some kind of Joke? When installing Imesh Lite, a virus is also installed???? McAfee has detected the New Malware.b virus with KDat 1.2.5.exe??????
    I thought this is all clean?????????????

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,124
    Originally posted by rastafarian monkey@18 August 2004 - 15:12
    Is this some kind of Joke? When installing Imesh Lite, a virus is also installed???? McAfee has detected the New Malware.b virus with KDat 1.2.5.exe??????
    I thought this is all clean?????????????
    That could very well be a false positive.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern part of The Netherlands
    Age
    51
    Posts
    603
    Just installed Imesh-light 501 RC2. Before that scanned my pc and it was clean. After the install First ran Ad-Aware SE Personal 103 and it found two Cydoor regkeys and 1 Cydoor folder. Doesn't seem tot be as 'light' as it should be. Uninstalling it again.
    Also on the Imesh-light forum: other people found it as well.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the poopdeck
    Posts
    1,937
    i noticed that as well but. . .
    just because adaware detects it, that doesn't make it spyware/adware.
    and just because adaware doesn't find something doesn't make it clean (like programs that send info via http headers)

    even though theyre associated with cydoor, reg keys aren't spyware (unless theyre in the RUN keys), and the adcache folder is empty, and as long as you run peerguardian, imesh can't connect to cydoor to send info or download ads.
    i set my homepage and search page to about:blank and ad-aware thinks it's a browser hijack.

    but yeah i hope they find a way around those, like RN did with KLR

    EDIT: But for now i'm stickin with emule, klite and raza/gnucleus for those networks

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern part of The Netherlands
    Age
    51
    Posts
    603
    Originally posted by Vargas@18 August 2004 - 19:18
    i noticed that as well but. . .
    just because adaware detects it, that doesn't make it spyware/adware.
    and just because adaware doesn't find something doesn't make it clean (like programs that send info via http headers)

    even though theyre associated with cydoor, reg keys aren't spyware (unless theyre in the RUN keys), and the adcache folder is empty, and as long as you run peerguardian, imesh can't connect to cydoor to send info or download ads.
    i set my homepage and search page to about:blank and ad-aware thinks it's a browser hijack.

    but yeah i hope they find a way around those, like RN did with KLR

    EDIT: But for now i'm stickin with emule, klite and raza/gnucleus for those networks
    I agree with you but other clean clients didn't gave that result, so I'm sticking with K-lite, E-mule and Bittornado as well.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •