Thread: How To Reformat

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    How do I reformat my DELL computer it doesn't seem to have broght a recovery disc.... unless it something eles.... Please if you have a DELL computer please show me how to Reformat....... :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    all computers format the same way.

if ur comp didn't come with an XP cd (windows xp) then download xp corp with bittorrent, inseart the cd after burning it and restart, boot from cd, and go through the setup steps and after a minutes or so u will be formatting ur hard drive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Whatever you do, do NOT remove the recovery partition that is undoubtably on your computer. This holds all your chipset drivers and such and your comp will seriously suck and you will have a hell of a time getting it working right if you remove that partition.
    Just a warning...
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@15 August 2004 - 17:28
    Whatever you do, do NOT remove the recovery partition that is undoubtably on your computer. This holds all your chipset drivers and such and your comp will seriously suck and you will have a hell of a time getting it working right if you remove that partition.
    Just a warning...
    This is really no big deal, K.

Before the format, get and run My Drivers.
    It will collect all the drivers currently installed on your machine.

Burn the resulting driver file collection to CD and you're set...you CAN delete the recovery partition if you want.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by clocker+15 August 2004 - 20:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 15 August 2004 - 20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler@15 August 2004 - 17:28
    Just a warning...
    This is really no big deal, K.

Before the format, get and run My Drivers.
    It will collect all the drivers currently installed on your machine.

Burn the resulting driver file collection to CD and you&#39;re set...you CAN delete the recovery partition if you want. [/b][/quote]
    I have that program and back up all my drivers, but most people don&#39;t....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i work on software for a lot of ppl and i always end up deleting their partitions that&#39;s on their hd&#39;s from retails. winxp will find and install most and then if i run into probs i just use sandra and it tells me what i need to know. my &#036;.02
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503