Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U.s. Killed By Puerto Rico In Olympic Basketball

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@16 August 2004 - 14:44
    yay the us lost

their getting crushed so far this year, which is supprising.

canada is winning in base ball 2.

strange.

wait till the winter olympics, ull get pawned in hockey again too
    Agreed
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@17 August 2004 - 04:44
    wait till the winter olympics, ull get pawned in hockey again too
    Good for you, you goofy canadian bastards, it's your only fuckin sport hey...

gotta love Robin Williams live stand up

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    USA lost, wuah hah ha ha ha...and you've almost been trashed by Greece too.... (USA 77- GRE 71)..dream team my ass

Dream team should win by at least 20 points

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@18 August 2004 - 03:49
    USA lost, wuah hah ha ha ha...and you've almost been trashed by Greece too.... (USA 77- GRE 71)..dream team my ass

Dream team should win by at least 20 points
    It seems we are actually underdogs now.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    Pardon me, but the only "dream team" there has every been was this:

6. Lounge   -   #16
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@18 August 2004 - 00:49
    USA lost, wuah hah ha ha ha...
    A Commentary

It is very sad how an event such as the Olympics, built on international brotherhood, sportsmanship and goodwill, can bring out the latent hatred and jeolousies of those who would rejoice at circumstances which find the United States of America, participating in the spirit of fair and honorable competition, suddenly comprised of mortal beings like themselves rife with human frailties and vulnerabilities.

The child-like decrepit actions of these immature and ignorant few are obvious feeble attempts at gleaning combative, negative reactions and indignation from a society which has always shown a spirit of comradery and good intent toward peoples of the world.

No doubt they are the same order of misfits that stifled joy and satisfaction on the news of 9/11 and feel they have a purpose in sedicious undermining of American ideals and values.

Bastards.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Comic_Peddler@18 August 2004 - 07:57

totally agree, other teams have faired well, but have all been imitations of this.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by RPerry+19 August 2004 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 19 August 2004 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Comic_Peddler@18 August 2004 - 07:57

totally agree, other teams have faired well, but have all been imitations of this. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe the "Dream Team" is partly responsible for the increased global competition in the sport and the chasm of skill between said Dream team and their modern day U.S. contemporaries is not quite as wide as perceived. Rather the opposition have moved up several notches.

While the NBA is obviously popular in the U.S. it hardly rated a mention elsewhere, the Olympics is a different kettle of fish so reached a wider audience and had kids all over the world thinking what a great sport it is and more importantly got them thinking -- "I could do that".

Now they have.

I think that those that constituted the Dream Team have done a great service for the sport of Basketball. Well done chaps

My cynicism of U.S. sport will probably return tomorrow
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by mrlessk+18 August 2004 - 16:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 18 August 2004 - 16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alucard1475@18 August 2004 - 00:49
    USA lost, wuah hah ha ha ha...
    A Commentary

It is very sad how an event such as the Olympics, built on international brotherhood, sportsmanship and goodwill, can bring out the latent hatred and jeolousies of those who would rejoice at circumstances which find the United States of America, participating in the spirit of fair and honorable competition, suddenly comprised of mortal beings like themselves rife with human frailties and vulnerabilities.

The child-like decrepit actions of these immature and ignorant few are obvious feeble attempts at gleaning combative, negative reactions and indignation from a society which has always shown a spirit of comradery and good intent toward peoples of the world.

No doubt they are the same order of misfits that stifled joy and satisfaction on the news of 9/11 and feel they have a purpose in sedicious undermining of American ideals and values.

Bastards.
    [/b][/quote]
    Get off your high horse, everyone wants the underdog to win and in most events the U.S. aint the underdog, particularly basketball&#33; What&#39;s wrong with taking pleasure when the less well funded nations get a little success.

I suppose it&#39;s totally different to when the U.S.S.R. had a great Olympic team that was sweeping the board and most U.S. - and global - citizens were celebrating every Soviet loss.

To equate it to the unabashed glee of some in the wake of 911 is ridiculous.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I was glad that puerto rico gave them such a beating; it was a wake up call to the team to start their learning curve and bench Carmelo Anthony. They&#39;re slowly getting it together.

hopefully it&#39;s steep enough to get a gold.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast