5 boneless (its a local band )

6. Music   -   #36
    1. System Of A Down
    2. Mudvayne
    3. Slipknot
    4. Metallica
    5. Guns N&#39; Roses

7. Music   -   #37
    argh... some of you guys taste are uhm... bah...

I&#39;d say in no real order

In flames
    Shadows fall
    Stratovarius
    HIM
    Ozzy

but I dont know theres a lot of bands i like, some of them i only like 5-10 songs by them so whatever but these 5 are great in my opinion

8. Music   -   #38
    question&#33; whats the difference between metal and rock?

9. Music   -   #39
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    You could see rock more as a umbrella term (?), for many genres.

Rock & Roll is often used as a generic term, but its sound is rarely predictable. From the outset, when the early rockers merged country and blues, rock has been defined by its energy, rebellion and catchy hooks, but as the genre aged, it began to shed those very characteristics, placing equal emphasis on craftmanship and pushing the boundaries of the music. As a result, everything from Chuck Berry&#39;s pounding, three-chord rockers and the sweet harmonies of the Beatles to the soulful pleas of Otis Redding and the jarring, atonal white noise of Sonic Youth has been categorized as "rock." That&#39;s accurate -- rock & roll had a specific sound and image for only a handful of years. For most of its life, rock has been fragmented, spinning off new styles and variations every few years, from Brill Building Pop and heavy metal to dance-pop and grunge. And that&#39;s only natural for a genre that began its life as a fusion of styles.

allmusic.com
    Metal is a kind of rock too, whereas there are many subgenres (?) of Metal.

The most known and generally as metal labeled genre would be the classical Heavy Metal:

Of all rock & roll&#39;s myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality. There are numerous stylistic variations on heavy metal&#39;s core sound, but they&#39;re all tied together by a reliance on loud, distorted guitars (usually playing repeated riffs) and simple, pounding rhythms. Heavy metal has been controversial nearly throughout its existence -- critics traditionally dismissed the music as riddled with over-the-top adolescent theatrics, and conservative groups have often protested what they perceive as evil lyrical content. Still, despite -- or perhaps because of -- those difficulties, heavy metal has become one of the most consistently popular forms of rock music ever created, able to adapt to the times yet keep its core appeal intact. For all its status as America&#39;s rebellion soundtrack of choice, heavy metal was largely a British creation. The first seeds of heavy metal were sown in the British blues movement of the &#39;60s, specifically among bands who found it hard to adjust to the natural swing of American blues. The rhythms became more squared-off, and the amplified electric instruments became more important, especially with the innovations of artists like the Kinks, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and the Jeff Beck Group. Arguably the first true metal band, however, was Led Zeppelin. Initially, Zep played blues tunes heavier and louder than anyone ever had, and soon created an epic, textured brand of heavy rock that drew from many musical sources. Less subtle but perhaps even more influential was Black Sabbath, whose murky, leaden guitar riffs created a doomy fantasy world obsessed with drugs, death, and the occult. Following the blueprint laid down by Zep and Sabbath, several American bands modified heavy metal into more accessible forms during the &#39;70s: the catchy tunes and outrageous stage shows of Alice Cooper and Kiss; the sleazy boogie of Aerosmith; and the flashy guitar leads and wild party rock of Van Halen (not to mention the distinctively minimalist grooves of Australia&#39;s AC/DC). In the late &#39;70s, a cache of British bands dubbed the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (including Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead) started playing metal faster, leaner, and with more menace than ever before. They helped influence a new American metal scene known as thrash in the &#39;80s, which took shape as a reaction to metal&#39;s new mainstream pop breakthrough, which came courtesy of Def Leppard&#39;s Pyromania. Metal enjoyed its greatest presence on the charts during the &#39;80s, thanks to a raft of glammed-up pop-metal bands, but thrash bands played complex riffs at breakneck speed, sometimes dispensing with vocal melody altogether. Thrashers like Metallica and Megadeth built rabid cult followings that pushed them into the mainstream around the same time that grunge wiped pop-metal off the charts. Mainstream metal in the &#39;90s centered around a new hybrid called alternative metal, which (in its most commercially potent form) combined grinding thrash and grunge influences with hip-hop and industrial flourishes, though it broke with metal&#39;s past in downplaying the importance of memorable riffs. Meanwhile, the underground grew harsher and bleaker, producing two similar, thrash-derived styles known as death metal and black metal, which produced some of the most abrasive, intense, hyperspeed music and graphic shock tactics the metal world had yet witnessed.

allmusic.com

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

10. Music   -   #40
    fuck how am i going to do this metal is soo good i have way too many to name. im sorry to dis obey the topic but im gonna have to name more than five. AND I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYBODY FUCKING SAY "BLAH BLAH ISNT METAL" IF YOU FUCKING DO UR GAY.
    here we go

1. Metallica

2. Iron Maiden

3. Anthrax

4. Megadeth

5. Slayer

6. Pantera

7. Motorhead

8. Judas Priest

9. Def Leppard

10. ACDC

11. Twisted Sister