Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Update On Fst

Rookie its impossible to please everyone but in the vote more people wanted to stay at IPB. Also this whole thread has been a protest about not chnaging minus i'd say 3-4 posts saying it doesnt bother them.

Sounds like martin is shaping this board into what he wants. As he has experience in it but you do not.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Once the change has been effected, I am quite sure it will be sustainable; considering the saving in bandwidth you can expect.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by nigel123@17 August 2004 - 14:30
    Once the change has been effected, I am quite sure it will be sustainable; considering the saving in bandwidth you can expect.
    From lost members?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Site Owner
    First of all, no its not ad-lib.

The date of the switch has not been determined yet. We will run atleast 3 test runs to make sure everything works ok.

I understand that there were more people in favor of keeping IPB, but I am doing this as I know more about how this site is running with the current forum script and what I want to be done in the future. Of Course I don't want any of you to be dissappointed. I am trying my best to make this forum as user friendly as possible, and as easy to mangae, and run as possible I think VB will do that. The thing is people are just against change in general. Change can be a good thing if it is done the right way :-)

Brian

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Well, as long the bloke isn't ad-lib.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i say change it am bored of this IPB, let have something new.

and one thing, will our PostCounts be there, or everybody will be a fresh newbie

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@17 August 2004 - 15:09
    i say change it am bored of this IPB, let have something new.
    Bawa has spoken

Do it now

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Busyman+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I say go for it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Keep in mind though:

1. People are used to the way that this board is laid out.

2. You may lose members....IN A BIG WAY&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. You will also gain members.

I really don&#39;t mind.
    The intelligent convo is what I enjoy.

In the end there is life outside of the computer.
    Some act like they&#39;ll die if you change it.&nbsp;

Go for it man.&nbsp;

Btw, your partner does seem to be ad-lib.

Originally posted by rookiecrd1@

I don&#39;t want people to be upset. I just want to do what i feel is best for the board. Over the coming weeks when we have the final papers signed, My partner will be making some great improvements to the site. An arcade will be installed with probably close to 50 different games, as well as many other features to increase traffic.

VB is a more proffesional forum, and has a lot of features the IPB does not both for members and admins.

Brian
    <!--QuoteBegin-ad&#045;lib

Hello all,

Who I am, and what my contribution to this site will be evident shortly.

For now, I ask, what do you think?

Indeed, Invision Board is a great piece of software. However, vBulletin is the commercial (paid) bulletin board solution used by a large majority of forums. Additionally, I feel the overall appeal/aesthetic the vB will provide - Is much more professional than that of Invision board.

Please let me know your thoughts, as this will determine whether or not the board is switched.

Thank you,
    -Michael
    If that be the case see number 2. [/b][/quote]

This is like the older thread.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@17 August 2004 - 06:35
    As always inregardless of what we may say you shall do as you please, if my opinion mattered on this Ide say no...
    You have to understand that I can&#39;t please everyone. I have seen how VB works both internally and externally and I truely believe this is a change for the better. The main reason is that Martin, my Partner in all this, is an expert at writing add ons and cool features for VB. He is not too familiar with IPB. This way we can have basically anything imaginable done. I know a lot of you might be pissed off, but I truely believe that you all will get used to the new look and love it.

As for downtime, there should not be any. The Url will be the same of course.

Please also understand that I paid a huge amount of money to 7th for this place. I just want it to be sustainable.

Thank you
    Brian
    Ah, now I get it. It&#39;s because you found someone who is an "expert" with VB.

Why don&#39;t you find someone else who is an Invision Board expert then?

In fact I think that there are probably already some members here who could help you out with that.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+17 August 2004 - 10:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 17 August 2004 - 10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@17 August 2004 - 06:35
    As always inregardless of what we may say you shall do as you please, if my opinion mattered on this Ide say no...
    You have to understand that I can&#39;t please everyone. I have seen how VB works both internally and externally and I truely believe this is a change for the better. The main reason is that Martin, my Partner in all this, is an expert at writing add ons and cool features for VB. He is not too familiar with IPB. This way we can have basically anything imaginable done. I know a lot of you might be pissed off, but I truely believe that you all will get used to the new look and love it.

As for downtime, there should not be any. The Url will be the same of course.

Please also understand that I paid a huge amount of money to 7th for this place. I just want it to be sustainable.

Thank you
    Brian
    Ah, now I get it. It&#39;s because you found someone who is an "expert" with VB.

Why don&#39;t you find someone else who is an Invision Board expert then?

In fact I think that there are probably already some members here who could help you out with that. [/b][/quote]
    ....and also there is the risk of the board being taken over by ad-lib.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast