Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Fsb

  1. #1
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hampshire , England ( UK )
    Age
    33
    Posts
    149
    can you change your fsb at all? as i got a 2.4ghz pen 4 chip but its running at 1.8ghz because my motherboard cant have more then 100mhz )fsb(
    Coming Soon!

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mattesca's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Texas (near bigdawgfoxx)
    Posts
    249
    Get a new mobo then lol
    AMD Mobile 2400XP @ 2500Mhz 1.75Vcore = 2.5Ghz
    Abit NF7-S with SP-97 heatsink
    OCZ 2X256MB Pc3200 2-2-2-5
    Antec 400watt PSU
    120GB WD HDD
    MSI 9800XT
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Black Chieftec Matrix w/ 5BlueLED Case Fans
    800watt Sony/Bose Speaker System

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    if ur motherboard supports OCing then u can problably get it up to sped but u probably should buy a new motherboard...and ram that supports the speed u need.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Originally posted by Orange_Boy@17 August 2004 - 19:51
    can you change your fsb at all? as i got a 2.4ghz pen 4 chip but its running at 1.8ghz because my motherboard cant have more then 100mhz )fsb(
    Can't, or you don't know how to change it?

    If it is so old that it can't go higher then Matt is right, you need to replace your mobo, but of course that will probably mean changing your memory too.

    If it is simply that you don't know how then you'd better tell us what mobo you've got, aida32 will give you that information.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hampshire , England ( UK )
    Age
    33
    Posts
    149
    heres my info

    its an ms 6507 i think its version 2 board and i'm from the uk so its best to go on msi.co.uk ive tried to flash my bios but didnt work then i found out my multiplier could be locked dunno i couldnt find it on the bios screen

    Bus Type - Intel netburst
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real clock - 100mhz * 18 ( current settings )
    Effective Clock 400mhz
    Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

    my memory is pc2100 ddr sdram ( 786mb ) / 133mhz

    the chip is a northwood 2.4ghz but its running at 1.8ghz
    havent looked into that OCing yet

    any more help would be great as most of you know what ure talking about
    Coming Soon!

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by Orange_Boy@17 August 2004 - 17:49
    heres my info

    its an ms 6507 i think its version 2 board and i'm from the uk so its best to go on msi.co.uk ive tried to flash my bios but didnt work then i found out my multiplier could be locked dunno i couldnt find it on the bios screen

    Bus Type - Intel netburst
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real clock - 100mhz * 18 ( current settings )
    Effective Clock 400mhz
    Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

    my memory is pc2100 ddr sdram ( 786mb ) / 133mhz

    the chip is a northwood 2.4ghz but its running at 1.8ghz
    havent looked into that OCing yet

    any more help would be great as most of you know what ure talking about
    loo around in the bios somewhere for the chip...probably in advanced chipset options or something like that.

    You'll see vcore, multiplier, fsb, etc. Tell us what these values are set to then someone can tell you which need to be changed.

    not sure if ur motherboard will support that chip since i have no clue what the fsb of that chip is.

    also the multiplier has nothing to do with updating\flashing the bios...just so you know.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hampshire , England ( UK )
    Age
    33
    Posts
    149
    ok checking bios now

    cpu -

    Cpu Type - Intel pentium 4a, 1800 (4.5 x 400)
    Cpu alias - northwood
    cpu stepping - C1
    Original Clock - 2400mhz
    Coming Soon!

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    I downloaed the manual from the web and if you check page 3-22 you will see:

    CPU FSB Clock (Mhz)
    This setting allows you to select the CPU Front Side Bus clock frequency.
    Setting options: 100MHz~161MHz at 1MHz increment.
    Those setting can be found in your BIOS under: Hardware Monitor Setup.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Originally posted by Orange_Boy@17 August 2004 - 16:49


    any more help would be great as most of you know what ure talking about
    Who paid you to say that?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hampshire , England ( UK )
    Age
    33
    Posts
    149
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@17 August 2004 - 23:46
    I downloaed the manual from the web and if you check page 3-22 you will see:

    CPU FSB Clock (Mhz)
    This setting allows you to select the CPU Front Side Bus clock frequency.
    Setting options: 100MHz~161MHz at 1MHz increment.
    Those setting can be found in your BIOS under: Hardware Monitor Setup.
    I couldn't find Hardware Monitor Set up at all
    would it be named some thing else also how tdo u screenprint the bios screen i tried with the print screen button but didnt work

    the settings are there under standard settings :helpsmile:

    but i cant change the settings its like they r blocked if i could screenprint it i would show
    o wait u cant show pics on the site can u?
    Coming Soon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •