Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Bush Will Lose

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Alex H@19 August 2004 - 21:06
    Two of the Florida court judges had conflicts of interest, i.e. they or their wives  had worked for the Republican party.

The rightwing Justice Scalia even said:

"The counting of votes that are of questionable legality does, in my view, threaten irreparable harm to petitioner (i.e. Bush), and to the country, by casting a cloud upon what he claims to be the legitimacy of his election."

I won't bother to shred your entire post, Alex, but I will address two things you seem to have mis-interpreted.

1) The Florida Supreme Court did all that it could to hand the state of Florida to Gore; apart from their decision being an egregious mis-reading of existing law, how exactly does this Republican "conflict" come into play?

That their incorrect vote could have been more one-sided would not have made it less wrong; as far as the Florida court's decision went, they carried the day for the Dems-what difference would these two Republicans have made?

2) What Justice Scalia actually meant was this:

That had the questionable votes been counted (as they eventually were, BTW), the fact that at least as many of them would have counted for Bush as for Gore would have had the effect of casting doubt on the petitioner's (Bush) victory, owing to their dubious status.

Scalia rather obviously felt he was choosing by far the lesser of two evils; he was most emphatically not attempting to marginalize Bush's victory.

Sorry.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Unashamed bump.

Reread through this thread it is interesting....

I think alot was lost in the Big Delete though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    And the company that removed all those 1000's of names for no reason other than they were black, is the main comapny supplying the new computerized polling booths to 1 in 4 of the electorate in the USA for the Presidential Elections this year.

The company makes huge donations to the Republican Party, and the CEO has already said he will "deliver" States to Bush.

The machines have no paper trail, and no official authority has access to the software... in fact, the software has been known to be "updated" AFTER the machines have been installed and checked by State Officials.

They are also open to hacking, due to the "auto update" feature of the software refered to above.

Face it... Until such a time as a Democrat Landslide, where fixing will be bloody obvious because of exit Polls...

The USA is close to no longer being a Democracy at the Federal Level, although many States still are, in my humble opinion.

Prophesy

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    And the company that removed all those 1000's of names for no reason other than they were black, is the main comapny supplying the new computerized polling booths to 1 in 4 of the electorate in the USA for the Presidential Elections this year.

The company makes huge donations to the Republican Party, and the CEO has already said he will "deliver" States to Bush.

The machines have no paper trail, and no official authority has access to the software... in fact, the software has been known to be "updated" AFTER the machines have been installed and checked by State Officials.

They are also open to hacking, due to the "auto update" feature of the software refered to above.

Face it... Until such a time as a Democrat Landslide, where fixing will be bloody obvious because of exit Polls...

The USA is close to no longer being a Democracy at the Federal Level, although many States still are, in my humble opinion.
    Prophesy
    Ain't it sumpin'

Also referring to my first post and the outcome....I really don't think Americans are that stupid.

Especially when I see a streaming line of people waiting hours on end to vote........on two fucking machines.
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-07-2004 at 12:13 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123