Thread: Cannot Rip Dvd

I just downloaded dvd-to-avi and tried to rip a film but at 100% it says cannot copy...and the film only becomes 29 min...Is it normal?Is there any better dvd ripping software out there?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    if you want to copy dvd's - ive never found better than dvdshrink. this will of course generate 4.2gig files - so if you want to rp dvds to make avi's - i always found 'gourdianknot' rip pack to be the best. do a search in google/kazaa (i think i got it from kazaa from memeory).

its a collection of everything you need to rip movies (and its also got virtualdub, vstrip, dvd-avi2.1, dvddecrypter, nandub and chapterextractor)

hope that helps, all the best with it
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    gourdianknot?? You mean gordian knot? I will try it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u can try dvd decryptor and smart ripper. both are decent. i prefer the 1st one

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    With dvd decryptor the first parts two parts of the film dont have sound only the last one...

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I recomend Fair Use. It is free and I haven't never had a prob with it. Easiest program I've ever used. On the compression file size I found that for a 2 hour movie, set it about 700 MB, then for every additional 15-30 min, add about 35 mb or so. It will do a good job and either encode then in divx (recomended) or xvid. The site has went to the evaluation version making black and white shots every now and then so here is the Overnet link to the older version that does not do this. I have xp and it this one works on here. FU-SetupDVDRipper-DiVXEnCoder.exe <-----------name

<a href="ed2k://|file|FU-SetupDVDRipper-DiVXEnCoder.exe|3095962|6531b715fe0b90889e5b92381e33b050|">FU-SetupDVDRipper-DiVXEnCoder.exe</a>
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    TheNobleEU's Avatar Post Count Slacker
    Anyone know of a prog that will go from dvd-rip ISO to AVI? (i.e., with dvd-2-avi extract from ISO?)

Cheers,