Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

I have a problem with backing up games, when i do a back up of the game into my computer, or trying to FTP the game into the xbox hd it sometimes have a pop-up error that says:

"An error occured copying a file to the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.
    Details:
    200 type set to IMAGE.
    502 pasv is not implemented
    200 Type set to IMAGE.
    200 Port command ok.
    150 Opening BINARY data connection for E:\Games\Dead Or Alive\DOA2\datahdd.afs

Is there something that i did wrong or is there a switch i forgot when i build the xbox HD? Please help!

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #422
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra_man04
    I have a problem with backing up games, when i do a back up of the game into my computer, or trying to FTP the game into the xbox hd it sometimes have a pop-up error that says:

"An error occured copying a file to the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.
    Details:
    200 type set to IMAGE.
    502 pasv is not implemented
    200 Type set to IMAGE.
    200 Port command ok.
    150 Opening BINARY data connection for E:\Games\Dead Or Alive\DOA2\datahdd.afs

Is there something that i did wrong or is there a switch i forgot when i build the xbox HD? Please help!
    Use Quix instead to FTP ur .iso file to the Xbox.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #423
    Quix? Never heard of it...could i get a brief description of what it is..and how it works? Is it filmiliar with FTPing?

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #424
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Supra_man04
    Quix? Never heard of it...could i get a brief description of what it is..and how it works? Is it filmiliar with FTPing?
    Qwix? What is that?
    Qwix is a very simple to use XBOX Remote File Management and ISO Creation Tool. That's a pretty complicated description, so let me try again. Qwix lets you do a variety of tasks VERY easily, and right from your PC. Have a bunch of ISO's sitting on your PC that you need to load onto your XBOX? Open up Qwix and use the ISO batch upload tool. Just tell it where your ISOs are, and where you want them to be on the XBOX, and then let it fire. It will automagically extract the ISO's out into properly named folders in your games directory. It pulls the game name from the ISO, and even let's you change it if that isn't what you want it to be called in the games menu.

Ok, that's fine and all, but what else can it do? Well, along that same path, it also creates ISOs for you. You select a game from your XBOX that you want to create an ISO from, and tell it where to save on your PC. You can even choose to crosslink files, which means that it will take common areas of the game and "cross" them so that they don't have to appear multiple times. That saves valuable diskspace, and can change a DVDR game into a CDR game!

Beyond that? Well, if you are also using Avalaunch, then you need to go into your avalaunch.xml and make sure that BOOST mode is enabled, because you are gonna love that. When combined with Avalaunch, Qwix has the ability to upload ISO's to your xbox at speeds much faster than you could achieve with a normal FTP client. Give it a try, compare it, and watch Qwix get the files there 3 times faster!

To sum it up, Qwix is the easiest way to FTP ur .iso files to ur Xbox.

Download Qwix Here!!!

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #425
    kjhgjgjhkgk

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #426
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by jayk22
    kjhgjgjhkgk
    Nice first post

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #427
    was not sure if was working on not.
    Can anyone please help.brand new pal xbox,get to the matrix type screen go to install ude then evo x,then which of the for patches/loaders do i select.then when do i no it complete

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #428
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i know a way u can softmod it without the action replay kit...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #429
    somebody please help.Modding as we speak,selected ude 1 then PBL metto then evo x,screen gone funny as expected as new box and know something a bout a video swithch that does this but.the green light has started flashing after only 2 mins,does this mean its complete or do i wait for it to go green and stay green

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #430
    Quote Originally Posted by jayk22
    somebody please help.Modding as we speak,selected ude 1 then PBL metto then evo x,screen gone funny as expected as new box and know something a bout a video swithch that does this but.the green light has started flashing after only 2 mins,does this mean its complete or do i wait for it to go green and stay green
    Nope, its done
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast