Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

waited half hour just to be sure but getting error message
    please help

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #432
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Nope, its done
    waited half hour to be sure but now getting error 13 message
    Brand new PAL xbox
    Last edited by jayk22; 03-01-2005 at 07:19 PM.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #433
    ok im gessing my kernell is to high to use ude 1.this is why i must be getting the error message.you said in a post that ude 2 will work on all boxs but pal uses need to do a few more steps first.can you please post this steps.ive tryed all poss patches now but still no joy.i have everythink backed up so should not kill the xbox.but getting relly ticked of that i carnt get it to work.im not a noob,had xbox modded for a couple of years now,new hd,coping games for friends,set up on kia,just want to be able to soft mod for friends.so as must detail as poss would be greatly welcomed

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #434
    Does the kernell number relate to the xbox version.ie new 1.6,if the newest version is 1.6 what kernell would that go up to.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #435
    someone please please help.befor i lose the option to take back the xbox im trying to mod and get me money back

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #436
    SingaBoiy I finally got it to work!!! But now that I'm at the EVOX menu (Blue menu, with the launch dvd and launch game etc.) What do I do now? I'm at the Mountain top....so what happens next? I tried to backup a game but it didn't work. I tried to play a dvd but it didn't work( put in dvd then went to launch dvd and it brought me to the "you need the xbox dvd remote" to use screen).

Does Evox have to be configured in order to use?

What's the use of the Backup feature in the System Utilities menu? Can I back up games directly?

How do I play dvd's? (Do I have to Ftp the XBMC to my E: drive...then to Apps folder?)

Do I have the capability to play burnt games as of now? (Burnt games on dvds, not through ftp)

In terms of configuring the ftp connection to xbox...On the first page of the thread is your FTP tutorial...Seems very easy but the part when "clicking start and My network connections confuses me. Because when I click start I don't see that option on the Panel. (I have windows XP, if that matters...and a wireless connection, so my ethernet port isn't being used but is functional) Can you be more specific with the FTP setup....thanx

Sorry so many questions

Let me know and thanxs for the tutorials
    Last edited by arden_05; 03-04-2005 at 08:54 AM.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #437
    1. EvoX only needs to be configured to FTP.
    2. Backup is to make a backup of your settings and what not.
    3. To play dvds, you need either Xbox Media Center or Xbox Media Player. You can use SlaYer's to install it if you can FTP.
    4. Yep, you can played burned games now. To backup "purchased" games, you need to FTP to your xbox and copy the contents of D:\ Then use Qwix to make an ISO and burn it.
    5. Then go to My Computer and look over on the left in Other Places. It should have My Network Places.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #438
    SingaBoiy I'm having trouble FTP-ing I can't establish the connection to the Xbox. I followed your FTP tutorial but no connection. What should I do now? This is the last step...my computer isn't acting right. I'm not using the NIC card to connect to the internet so does that mean my NIC card is dormant? There is an exclamation point near on the networking symbol. So what should I do now?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #439
    This are my EVOX settings:

Settings/ info

Network

Type: Static
    IP: 192.168.0.3
    Line Status: 100/Full Duplex
    Ethernet Mac address: 00:0D:3A:9D49

Setup Network: Yes
    Use Static IP: Yes

IP: 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS: 0.0.0.0
    DNS: 0.0.0.0

Setup Delay: 0
    Last edited by arden_05; 03-05-2005 at 02:06 AM.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #440
    Figured it out! Both my IP's were the same. But now I need a working copying Isomaker v1.2. SingaBoiy do you have one? I keep getting a runtime error "53" with the one I have....thanx

Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast