Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 317178798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

Ive had the installer from this thread for some time now and no issues whatsoever. Im aware however the newer mods work with live although I dont use it so didnt see any reason to change. Cant imagine anyone breaking anything with this. As for featues would wonder what additional fetures it has campared to this one. I can say this appears slim especially when compared to somthing like XBMC app. Maybe you could screenshot it or note some basic additional features as for me now I cant see a reason to change yet as this works great for what I use it for...

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #802
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    My suggestion, is that if it isnt broke don't fix it.

I mean if you installed with the installer on the first page and no problems, keep it. If not, or if you havent done it yet, got with the latest availible.

And XBMC is the best dashboard to use :-p

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #803
    Thats what I thought not much reason to change unless you want the live features...

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #804
    Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
    A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

I have the splinter cell game and a PAL XBOX.
    Where can I get the tools for this console and ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar and not for the ntsc xbox but for the PAL one.
    If someone has the tool please give me a link or send it directly to [email protected]
    thanks

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #805
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdo
    Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
    A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

I have the splinter cell game and a PAL XBOX.
    Where can I get the tools for this console and ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar and not for the ntsc xbox but for the PAL one.
    If someone has the tool please give me a link or send it directly to [email protected]
    thanks
    Don't waste your time with ltools. Grab Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 installer of of xbins.

To get to xbins, open up mIRC, and connect to EFNet. Join the #xbins channel - you have to enter the name, as it is not listed. Once in there, type /msg xbins !list and you will receive amessage with your username and password for an FTP server. You can find Krayzie's NDure under Xbox->Exploits->_Packages.

For those of you already softmodded don't change your softmod. It'll just lead to problems. But if you have a stock box and need to softmod it, Krayzie's Ndure is the way to go. I'm not associated with Krayzie in any way or anything, but I've used his installers for my Xbox and friends who I have modded. It has safety features to prevent you form screwing with C: (how a lot of people screw their boxes over), forced EEPROM backup, auto stock backup, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a really simple install too.

And while I'm recommending Xbox stuff, listen to what asmithz said, kids. XBMC is amazing, the built-in Xored launcher in newer versions is quite nice as well.

And for those of you into Halo 2, I'm part of a project called Mimesis - it's an application that will download and install custom downloadable content for Halo 2, KotOR, Rainbow Six 3: BA, Ghost Recon 2, and more. Your Xbox mus tbe connected to and properly configured to the internet for it to run. It's really great for Halo 2, and every map we host (10 right now) works for SLC, meaning you can play the new maps online using XBC or Xlink Kai. http://www.projectmimesis.com

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #806
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i think im going to unsoftmod for live...
    would unsoftmodding and then softmodding again cause problems?

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #807
    Think the newer mods can switch back and forth so you might want to research a bit first...

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #808
    Indeed. You shouldn't have to uninstall the softmod to use XBox Live, if you're using one of the latest softmods.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #809
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    really? are you sure? what are the names of the latest softmods

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #810
    Krayzie's Ndure 1.1.

Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 317178798081828384 ... LastLast