Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3979868788899091 LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

very thx

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #882
    XxDEATHSTARSxX
    When the light flashes what do u do after

Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy View Post
    I noticed the pinned topic was alittle outdated. This guide will cover soft-modding your box, installing a new hdd and FTPing movies and games to your xbox hdd. I will go with the 007 hack with this one. This is still alot like the oher pinned topic.

Disclaimer
    You do this at your own risk. Although this is pretty much idiot-proof, I take no responsiblity if you produce a $150 paperweight.

The Cheap/Easy Way of Soft-modding Your Xbox

Tools needed:

007 - Agent Under Fire

I got mine for $8 used from Gamestop
    (You can aso use Mech Assault and Splinter Cell but those arent covered in this tut). You MUST have the original version not the Platinum!!!

Action Replay

This comes with a memory card so there is no need in getting an official M$ one.

AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip
    I just changed this so its all set for you to drop onto your xbox and load. You can get it right here

Thats it! And it works on all versions of the xbox out right now. No more worrying if you have the 4920 dash. And you dont have to go out a buy a Microsoft memory card.

Now for the modding:

1. Make sure your AR (Action Replay) software is installed on your pc. Plug your USB Link Cable that your got from your AR into your pc. Pop your memory card into the USB Link Cable. Wait for XP to read it and give you the ok.

2. Download AgentUnder_BONDAUF.zip

3. Run your AR software. Drag the entire zip folder to the AUF folder on your memory card. Should take some time.

4. Boot up your xbox with no disc inside. Go to Memory section and choose to copy the large (around 500 blocks) 007 file to your harddrive.

5. Back out and start up AUF w/o your memory card. Choose load missing and select to load from harddrive.

6. The screen should now go black and you are ready to set up your new dashboard. There should be a page that displays ltools and says "007: Agent Under Fire". Hit B. Go down and selelct "Install UDE". Press A to continue. Press UDE2 (You must have a NTSC xbox for this!). If you dont, hit A. This is where my video cuts off. But you can either choose XMX or EvoX as your new dashboard. I prefer EvoX, as do many others.

7. It will now install. This may take upto or more then 30 min.

You are finished modding! :beerchug: Now you can save games, movies, pics, apps, emu's and more on your hdd and have no need for discs. You can play burned games if you run out of hdd space and dont wanna get a new one.

FAQs
    Q. Can I use the Platinum version of Agent Under Fire?
    1. No! Must be the original!

Q. What xbox version does this work on?
    A. The kernel version does not matter anymore. So yes, any version as long as you are using UDE2.

Q. Can I use UDE2 on a new PAL xbox?
    A. No, this is the only downside. There are ways around it but I have not had to do this so I dont know them. Please check out www.xbox-scene.com for info on it.

Q. Help me!!! I have a new xbox (1.6) and the screen goes green and other colors when the softmod begins.
    A. That is normal for v1.6 xboxs, just let it go til you see the eject led flashing.

Q. What does it look like when I boot up my xbox?
    A. Have a look here. It is a 5.92 MB download.

Q. After modding is there any way to get back to the original MS dashboard?
    A. Yes! At the main screen there will be an option to launch the MS Dash.

Q. Can I played burned games on my xbox?
    A. Yes! Check the guide below to know how. Its simple as popping in the disc and hitting launch dvd.

Q. What type of media should I used?
    A. Try to stay away from cd-r. Most xbox's are not compatible with most types of cd-r. Its best to use re-writable media.

Q. Can I install a larger into my soft-modded xbox?
    A. Yes! It takes some effort and could damage your new hdd if you dont follow the guide I will be adding shorty.

Q. Where are all the image to help me out more?
    A. I will include videos if I can get some one to host them. Images will also come soon.

Q. How do I play games from my xbox hdd?
    A. You have to setup an FTP between your pc and your xbox.

Q. Can play movies on my xbox?
    A. Yes! By using either Xbox Media Center or Xbox Media Player.

Q. What's the difference between XBMC and XBMP (the above question)?
    A. Not much, they are pretty much the same. Its just about what you prefer.

Q. Does this mean I can play DivX and Xvid movies?
    A. Yes! You can also play vcd's.

Q. Will Mad Catz GameSaves work instead of AR?
    A. I have not tested this. I would assume it would work as long as you have a memory card.

Q. I dont have AUF can I use Mech Assault or Splinter Cell (the original).
    A. Yes! But you must use either ltools_MA_v1.7.zip OR ltools_v1.7_SC_NTSC.rar depending on which game you have.

Q. Can I play on Xbox Live with a soft-modded xbox?
    A. Nope, thanks to an update, you no longer can.

Q. Can I play burned games on XBL (Xbox Live)?
    A. No, not unless you want your xbox to get banned.

EDIT: I just went though and edited this to make it easier and more understandable.
    what do i do when thr light flashes green cuz i have new xbox and the screen is changing colors
    Last edited by XxDEATHSTARSxX; 07-16-2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #883
    ahem, I read through this post, got everything working beautifully, i transferred halo 2 to my computer hdd, and then transferred it back to E:/Games, seemed like it worked. I went to play the game from Launch Menu -> Games -> Halo 2. Ok it loaded to the main menu when u have to Press Start, when I pressed start everything locked up. I'm assuming a file somehow got corrupt over the transfers but I'm not completely sure, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by grimking1 View Post
    ok i havent even got my xbox modded yet but i would like to know is there a way to purchase mods (such as:killtrocity map packs,fast running,super jump,ect.)and also is there a way to make your own mods on a soft modded xbox?
    Um, you can get them for free, I don't think we can post links here all i can say is google the first thing you said after (such as:

**edit** 07/22/07 - it seems as though i have overlooked a solution, i deleted the cache files and it runs great now...now to install apps

**edit** 07/23/07 -

Ok, I have a new question, that i can't seem to find a solution for. My primary partition i guess is set to E:/ so when i save stuff to E:/Games and E:/Apps it works, but my F:/ is my bigger partition (obviously) because i put in a 160gb hdd. When I save stuff to my F:/Apps it doesn't show up in my Apps section of the menu on EvoX. Maybe I'm overlooking something? I already activated F:/ and G:/ in my settings, so I know thats not it. Thanks in advance for you're suggestions.

-Tim
    Last edited by venumx; 07-23-2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #884
    Ok, I have a new question, that i can't seem to find a solution for. My primary partition i guess is set to E:/ so when i save stuff to E:/Games and E:/Apps it works, but my F:/ is my bigger partition (obviously) because i put in a 160gb hdd. When I save stuff to my F:/Apps it doesn't show up in my Apps section of the menu on EvoX. Maybe I'm overlooking something? I already activated F:/ and G:/ in my settings, so I know thats not it. Thanks in advance for you're suggestions.

-Tim

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #885
    Quote Originally Posted by venumx View Post

-Tim
    Could be that when you formatted the hd, you didnt actually make an F directory. It just appears that there is one

I suggest putting all Apps in E anyways, then games and movies in F.

Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory

The problem I am having now is that the bios included with this softmod is so old that it does not support large HDD's. So my 320GB HDD is only showing 137GB and I need to install a new softmod to take advantage of the rest of the drive, however I can't return to a fresh install, so I can't update the softmod...
    Not an issue with the bios. Ive done several 500+GB harddrives with this mod, all showed the correct amount size.

Quote Originally Posted by brknsoul55
    if you install a new hd will you have to save, copy all your save on to a memory card
    No, when installing a new harddrive, you should first backup your C and E drives to your pc through FTP. Then they will be copied to the new harddrive in the process of compiling the new files.

Quote Originally Posted by brknsoul55
    does it matter what size the hdd is or not
    No, as long as its an IDE harddrive
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 07-27-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #886
    metal maniac's Avatar ThrashSpeedDeath\m/ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I just gotta say this guide kicks ass!! Thanks for taking the time to make it!!!

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #887
    chimmy88
    Hi i am about to soft mod my xbox and read all ur guide and other guides online. I am debating whether i should follow your guide or use KRAZIES NDURE INSTALLER, does it matter?
    Also i looked at either guides about xbmc installer but they tell you to replace evox dashboard. I can't find guides that teaches how to have multiple dashboard. People just say to save the dashboard into the apps folder. Do i just save it there and install it? in that case how can i install on the dash board and switch in between them?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #888
    great thread! really helpful!

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #889
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Loving this guide wish i knew about it 3 years ago. Big thanks man.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #890
    Wow, never thought this would still be alive

If anyone still needs help, let me know. A bit rusty but yea...
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.