Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40808788899091 LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy View Post
    Wow, never thought this would still be alive

If anyone still needs help, let me know. A bit rusty but yea...
    Hey,

I hope your still around. I have some questions about xbox soft modding. I know how to do it just have some questions about how it works. If you have IM or something let me know. I'm really wondering how I was able to boot my xbox with no DVD rom drive attached. I did it by mistake when I was messing with a bunch of softmod files and stuff. I cant for the life of me get it to do that again though. I think it might have had to do with the version of the xbox but it was just a softmod. I also got my softmod to ignore a game disk in the drive and boot the dashboard. This is I believe the same trick as getting it to boot with no dvd drive attached. I have been trying to understand how the udata and tdata folders relate to the softmod and what exactly those do and what changes you can make. I know its supposed to be impossible to boot a softmod with no dvd drive attached but i swear i did it.
    Last edited by 00Diabolic; 05-27-2008 at 03:50 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #892
    You'd think a DVD drive would be an essential part of an Xbox...

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #893
    thanks...this was a really helpful guide

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #894
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    You'd think a DVD drive would be an essential part of an Xbox...
    Well what if your xbox dvd drive died and you have a lot of games on the hard drive that all still play or what if you want to try a different dvd drive in the xbox. All of that seemed only possible with a chipped xbox until i happened upon this mistake.

With some fluke stroke of luck I was able to get my softmoded xbox to boot with no dvd drive attached.

I have been doing softmods for a while now. I have done about 8 or so xbox's ver 1.0-1.6 and now I am trying to figure out how I got the xbox to boot like that.

How it happened was I was using xboxhdm 1.9 and coming up with a new xboxhdm build using my current xbox as the blueprint. My old xbox was setup using Auto installer deluxe v3.0. I was setting up the old style dual boot with xbox media center with drive closed and software installer deluxe with drive open (which i know uses the udata folder to boot in that case). I did a few different copies to the hard drive using the process of elimination to figure out what everything did on the c drive to get it to boot.

What I did one of the times was get the xbox to boot to the XBMC dashboard with no DVD Drive attached. I only noticed this because this is how I get the system to unlock the hard drive best for hotswaping. Now I know thats not supposed to be possible with a softmod but I swear I did it and now I want to know how I did it so i can do it again. At the time I needed to get the xbox done and now wished I had played with it a little more.

Do any of you have an idea of how I did this? Is it possibly just a fluke and maybe some kind of bug?

On another attempt. I was able to get my system to ignore xbox games in the drive and boot to the dashboard. I believe that is the same trick as booting the xbox without a dvd drive attached but I'm not sure.

I understand that the udata folder is where the xbox stores some of the boot data for the xbox. Can someone explain the boot process of the xbox to me? What does it look at first? The udata/tdata folder or does it look at c first and then jump to the udata folder?

I hope someone can unravel this mystery and I can get this done again. Thanks.
    Last edited by 00Diabolic; 05-28-2008 at 04:09 AM.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #895
    thankssssss

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #896
    Used this to great success. Love my xbox now. Thanks a lot.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #897
    Yup, thanks - saved me having to solder it ^^

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #898
    Bobbi32's Avatar Poster
    you replyed to the post that i put up modding xbox 360 help well i would like your help cause u seem to be the only one that seems like they know what they are talking about. one person told me i needed a mod chip and all kinds of stuff. i just want it to play burned games nothing fancy can u please help?
    Dvd Rom is Hitachi-LG and the MFR date is 2008-02-15

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #899
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi32 View Post
    you replyed to the post that i put up modding xbox 360 help well i would like your help cause u seem to be the only one that seems like they know what they are talking about. one person told me i needed a mod chip and all kinds of stuff. i just want it to play burned games nothing fancy can u please help?
    Dvd Rom is Hitachi-LG and the MFR date is 2008-02-15
    Which version is it. Should say like 78, 79fl, 79fk?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #900
    rtxs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    nice torturial...