Thread: Kazaa-lite &

Poster
    Why do I have to Disable NISP 2004 to connect to Kazaa-Lite???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by h121589@19 August 2004 - 22:03
    probably it's blacking some ports or something.
    also gotta make sure that u enable kazaa lite to have access to the net...should have got a popup or something on the screen warning u it was accessing the net.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by h121589@20 August 2004 - 04:03
    ROSSCO is correct (as usual)

Norton Internet security
    Double click Personal Firewall
    click Programs
    scroll down the list of programs for anything to do with kazaa-lite and alter the setting to Permit All

If you get stuck, remove all programs from this program list, then as each program tries to connect to the internet you will be asked whether to allow them or not (just like when you first installed Norton Internet Security)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+20 August 2004 - 15:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 20 August 2004 - 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-h121589@20 August 2004 - 04:03
    ROSSCO is correct (as usual)

Norton Internet security
    Double click Personal Firewall
    click Programs
    scroll down the list of programs for anything to do with kazaa-lite and alter the setting to Permit All

If you get stuck, remove all programs from this program list, then as each program tries to connect to the internet you will be asked whether to allow them or not (just like when you first installed Norton Internet Security) [/b][/quote]
    this is what pops up when i double click anything in NISP

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Twist3r
    just a guess but you could try loading windows up in safe mode and log in as admin then try

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    NIS2004 (Pro) creates it&#39;s own user accounts based upon either the exsisting accounts in your system or accounts with rights determined by the person who installed the application on the system in the first place. Either way, you need to have full access rights using your windows account AND have admin rights within NIS2004 to modify many of the software&#39;s properties.

However, the default settings within NIS itself should allow K-Lite, Kazaa, Kazaa-Lite K++, etc... access through all ports provided that you do not have any additional security measures in place (proxy, router, wireless gateway access) and you choose to allow those P2P applications to have access when prompted from NIS to choose rules for which to handle it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    ya when the nisp pop up popped up asking me if i wanted it to access internet i choose always allow it to connect to the internet