Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Save As .jpg

I know that you tried to resave it in Paint, but did you try something like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? Just open, and go to save as... maybe it'll fix the file?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@21 August 2004 - 02:33
    I know that you tried to resave it in Paint, but did you try something like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? Just open, and go to save as... maybe it'll fix the file?

seriously..........

IT ALLREADY IS A *.JPG
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    well, yeah, I got that much of it. I'm not suggesting to do this so the extension changes (because he doesn't need for it to), I was just thinking that maybe there was something wrong with the file, that a resaving might be able to fix.... but that was just a guess.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@20 August 2004 - 21:24
    well, yeah, I got that much of it. I'm not suggesting to do this so the extension changes (because he doesn't need for it to), I was just thinking that maybe there was something wrong with the file, that a resaving might be able to fix.... but that was just a guess.
    he already fixed it anyway.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by sampson@20 August 2004 - 09:25
    Got it!

Thx all
    What do you mean "got it"? Tell us what you did.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@20 August 2004 - 21:33
    I know that you tried to resave it in Paint, but did you try something like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop?  Just open, and go to save as... maybe it'll fix the file?
    Compressing a image that in already in a lossy format to another lossy format..
    You will lose quality like crazy. Just rename the file already.. It is the same god damn thing…

JPEG = JPG

File extensions don’t necessary define its format.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Ariel_001+20 August 2004 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 20 August 2004 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hitchhiker427@20 August 2004 - 21:33
    I know that you tried to resave it in Paint, but did you try something like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop?&nbsp; Just open, and go to save as... maybe it&#39;ll fix the file?
    You will lose quality like crazy. Just rename the file already.. It is the same god damn thing…

JPEG = JPG

File extensions don’t necessary define its format. [/b][/quote]
    how many times have people said he&#39;s already fixed teh problem.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+21 August 2004 - 05:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 21 August 2004 - 05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@20 August 2004 - 23:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-Hitchhiker427
    @20 August 2004 - 21:33
    I know that you tried to resave it in Paint, but did you try something like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop?&nbsp; Just open, and go to save as... maybe it&#39;ll fix the file?

JPEG = JPG

File extensions don’t necessary define its format.
    how many times have people said he&#39;s already fixed teh problem. [/b][/quote]
    guess not enough
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+20 August 2004 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 20 August 2004 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sampson@20 August 2004 - 09:25
    Got it&#33;

Thx all
    What do you mean "got it"? Tell us what you did. [/b][/quote]

Sorry. I simply renamed it in lower case. Switched it back and forth a couple of times tryin to figure it out. Heck, I don&#39;t know, it just worked. I was hesitant at first due to the message about losing quality, but then I remembered I&#39;m not really changing anything from jpeg to jpg. So I did and everything came out ok.

Again, Thx all&#33; :beerchug:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    He can&#39;t have fixed it because there was nothing broken.

It is a JPEG file. It stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group, the group responsible for the compression type.

The extention was changed to jpg because DOS could only handle an 8 character filename and a 3 letter extention as in 12345678.txt. It is common practice to drop the vowels, but not always the case (doc, xls).

Windows was just a GUI for DOS, so it had the same restrictions. The extention is used by the operating system to identify the filetype and as such the programme you want to open it.

Changing the extention does nothing to the file, it only changes how windows deals with it if you double click it. The file is still exactly the same.

Oh and I know he fixed it, just thought some people weren&#39;t entirely clear on filenames / extentions etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast