Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Save As .jpg

How do I save a file as .JPG and not .JPEG?? The current extension says .JPG but in properties next to 'Type of file:' it states: 'JPEG Image'.

WTF?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by sampson@19 August 2004 - 23:29
    How do I save a file as .JPG and not .JPEG?? The current extension says .JPG but in properties next to 'Type of file:' it states: 'JPEG Image'.

WTF?
    same thing..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I though so too but this is what I get when I'm trying to submit to ThemeXP......

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by sampson@19 August 2004 - 22:48
    I though so too but this is what I get when I'm trying to submit to ThemeXP......

check teh file extension and be sure it says .jpg then.

they ARE the same thing.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm stumped then.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what site is that? if it's just a regular image host then try some other like photobucket.com or something. if it's special u gotta upload there then try emailing them.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hosted at imageshack and rejected on themexp

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The file is a JPEG file regardless of the entension. Most older programs could only handle 3-letter extensions, so it was shortened to .jpg, but most newer programs can handle much longer entensions, so it's been changed to .jpeg (or something like that, I don't really know the whole story). Nonetheless, just right-click the file, go down to rename, and just delete the "e". That's all it takes.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Out of The Ordinary
    Just change the extention, to the one You want. Might loose some quality though

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@19 August 2004 - 23:16
    The file is a JPEG file regardless of the entension. Most older programs could only handle 3-letter extensions, so it was shortened to .jpg, but most newer programs can handle much longer entensions, so it's been changed to .jpeg (or something like that, I don't really know the whole story). Nonetheless, just right-click the file, go down to rename, and just delete the "e". That's all it takes.
    Just change the extention, to the one You want. Might loose some quality though 

You two need to look up at the screenshot I posted. The fliename ext is the one that I want. The thing below it that I circled is the screwy part. Just look up there and you'll see.

It's too much to describe when it's easier to just look up.

Goin to the bar now. I'll rest assured that you guys will have this solved by the time I get back

:beerchug:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast