Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silyl Question...probably

exo_body's Avatar Poster
    hey guys, thought i would ask you, as you can probably tell me the answer, you see in Microsoft Word 2003, im trying to set my page up as A3, but there is no option to it has everything else, like A2, A4 etc... but no A3. is there anyway i can set my page up as A3?
    thanks guys

2. Lounge   -   #2
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    that didnt exactly answer my question funny enough

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    If I remember correctly,

You have to set up the printer first.

Then it knows that the printer is capable of A3 printing.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    OOOhhh ooooh oooh pick me, pick me!!
    *waves hand*

I know, I know!!

Is it........software world?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #5
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    thanks j'pol, your probably right. it isnt actually for me, its for my dad, hes a teacher and hes trying to set up some stuff on A3. but the printer is at his school so do you think he could do his work on A4 on his home computer, then when he goes up to his school, simply change it to A3?

ah i was gonna ask software world but they can take a while to answer and you guys are much cooler

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by exo_body@20 August 2004 - 14:50
    hey guys, thought i would ask you, as you can probably tell me the answer, you see in Microsoft Word 2003, im trying to set my page up as A3, but there is no option to    it has everything else, like A2, A4 etc... but no A3. is there anyway i can set my page up as A3?
    thanks guys
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/manker/SNAG-0016.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

It's found here:

File >> Page setup >> Paper tab >> select A3 from the drop down menu.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by exo_body@20 August 2004 - 15:02
    thanks j'pol, your probably right. it isnt actually for me, its for my dad, hes a teacher and hes trying to set up some stuff on A3. but the printer is at his school so do you think he could do his work on A4 on his home computer, then when he goes up to his school, simply change it to A3?

ah i was gonna ask software world but they can take a while to answer and you guys are much cooler 
    Yup that would work.

Simply does the stuff at home and then when he goes in it will all adjust.

He will probably have to feck about with the formating a wee bit tho'. So probably best not to worry about that just now. Just write the docs with simple layout, then format when he is on the machine with the A3 printer.

EDIT File\Page Setup to change to A3 when he gets there.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by exo_body@20 August 2004 - 15:02

If he saves his work as A3 in the house and takes it into School on a floppy then provided the printer is properly configured, which one would it expect it to be, then it will work with no problems
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    yeah but the thing is, he cant save it as A3, as it doesnt give him the option to do it, if you know what i mean.like theres no option to save it as A3, as the A3 printer is not plugged into it

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    File
    Page Setup
    Enter New Paper Size 'A3'
    Enter appropriate height and width
    OK

As JP has said make sure your printer is capable of taking it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast