Thread: Win Xp Pro Sp2

Image Resized
    [img]http://img41.exs.cx/img41/1817/181.png' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

the img explains everything.

still for those who dosent get it:

it is detection my norton av but it is not getting its status(on/off)the auto-protect is enabled.

i use norton av 2k3 pro,windows xp pro sp1 and now installed sp2(dont get confused in this the final result is i am on sp2).

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    just disable it that security center thing is useless.

on teh left side it says change how security center alerts me. click that. then uncheck teh three boxes. now apply and the security center won't come up again.

you cna also disable teh service by going start>run>services.msc and finding it on teh list then double click and go to disable.

u can also uninstall it with no effects on how windows works by using xplite pro.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    check if there are any updates for Norton.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    angel_of_death57
    I wish it would detect sygate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    It doesn't seem to detect NOD32 at all... oh well, I disabled it, so no problem.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@20 August 2004 - 12:18
    check if there are any updates for Norton.
    Agreed.

I went through this same hassel, only briefly for my NIS/NAV Pro applications.

Norton will detect whether or not you have SP2 installed and update accordinglingly through LiveUpdate. After which you will go through a brief series of options and choose whether or not you want XP to moniter NAV's status.

First step, however is to run "LiveUpdate".

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@20 August 2004 - 20:51
    It doesn't seem to detect NOD32 at all... oh well, I disabled it, so no problem.
    Are you sure on the Nod32 site it said it was detected maybe you are not using the latest version.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by sebastian_insua+21 August 2004 - 07:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sebastian_insua @ 21 August 2004 - 07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hitchhiker427@20 August 2004 - 20:51
    It doesn&#39;t seem to detect NOD32 at all... oh well, I disabled it, so no problem.
    Are you sure on the Nod32 site it said it was detected maybe you are not using the latest version. [/b][/quote]
    I can tell you that only 1 version is detected. The beta version.