Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinned Topic For The War Debate

Poster
    Originally posted by Master YodaX+25 March 2003 - 16:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Master YodaX @ 25 March 2003 - 16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -mrcall1969@25 March 2003 - 16:06
    <!--QuoteBegin--ketoprak
    @25 March 2003 - 16:02
    I don&#39;t think it&#39;s such a good idea. The topic is too wide. The war has too many consequences to be discussed in a single thread.

Maybe another board (even temporary) would be better.

I agree with you Ketoprak, it is too widespread but maybe the Mods will come up with a solution somewhere in the middle, perhaps a "for" thread and another for "against" and a demilitarized zone in the centre

Edit: Typo
    come on.
    do we really want a new thread everysingle time a soldier is killed,captured,missing,eating,sleeping,taking a shit?
    I can already see a bunch of new threads being put up every single time a new report or rumor is reported in the media. [/b][/quote]
    As j2k4 says "it&#39;s a tough one"

I&#39;d prefer to see only 1 thread rather than a whole load but that might prove to be unworkable.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Riddle me this:

Could it be as easy as simply closing current "WAR" threads?

I think to an extent the boil has been lanced, and much of the poison has bled out.

In a nutshell, I kinda doubt many of us would have the impetus to regenerate all the crap we&#39;ve posted so far.

I see no negative effect to doing this.

How about it, mods?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    That&#39;s a good Idea. I agree.

I have been flaming and been flamed. I guess I am flammable.
    The French members here have flamed me a bit.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@25 March 2003 - 16:24
    Riddle me this:

Could it be as easy as simply closing current "WAR" threads?

I think to an extent the boil has been lanced, and much of the poison has bled out.

In a nutshell, I kinda doubt many of us would have the impetus to regenerate all the crap we&#39;ve posted so far.

I see no negative effect to doing this.

How about it, mods?
    Yeah, but as someone said it would only be a matter of time before someone posted another report/rumour and it would kick off again.

With the way the war is going, we could end up with literally 100&#39;s of threads.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    jetje's Avatar former star
    THNX FOR THE GOOD IDEA, WE THOUGHT IT WAS EVEN BETTER TO MAKE A SUBFORUM FOR IT.

btw sorry for the caps....

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    jetje-
    Your wisdom is as obvious as your.......avatar&#33;
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Very proud to see that the mods have listened to a proposition I&#39;ve made.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by ketoprak@27 March 2003 - 10:38
    Very proud to see that the mods have listened to a proposition I&#39;ve made.

Yes ketoprak-forgive me for not remembering that it was your idea, an excellent one. I salute you.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12