Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Important for all members!

blank BT Rep: +1
    this board sucks. Looks horrible and loads so slowly. I just tried loading it on dialup and it took 5 mins to open the main page.
    That is not going to encourage new comers to come in.
    I know its only a "backup" board but a lot of work needs to be done if your gonna stick to this
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Gonna take a lot of gettin used to, ive noticed theres only 30 odd members logged in

very unusual
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    is there a pm system on vb? i cant find it

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Site Owner
    Peerzy, it took us 8 months because 7th did the antispam and I had no clue where it was located. Please understand thats its not easy running a forum like this. I am still loosing a lot of money here. I was up all night trying to figure out what the best thing to do was, and decided this was it. Please relax. You don't have to constantly critisize the admin team, especially at a time like this. I am trying my best to fix things up, but I'm not superman.

Brian

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rookiecrd1
    Peerzy, it took us 8 months because 7th did the antispam and I had no clue where it was located. Please understand thats its not easy running a forum like this. I am still loosing a lot of money here. I was up all night trying to figure out what the best thing to do was, and decided this was it. Please relax. You don't have to constantly critisize the admin team, especially at a time like this. I am trying my best to fix things up, but I'm not superman.

Brian

i agree, give rookie some time im sure he will sort things.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26

Brian

I know your not Superman and i can understand how you feel, i just foudn it funny that it took 8 and a half months of thinking bout removing anti spam and then about 3 minutes to remove it. Also anyone word from entioty on what he did/didnt do that mucked up. not trying to make you feel any worse its just that fact that anti spam was fixed so quickly after you decided to just remove it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The board looks fine (I use VBulletin for my forums and am used to it). VBulletin has a good support system so ask over at their forums for help with solving any problems (I haven't experienced the IE crash thing but it looks like many members are).

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Filliz's Avatar ______________

Brian
    And I'm pretty sure the majority of the members here appreciate the time and effort you put into it

Apart from the skin,I think it's quite fun to have a different style of board.
    Just needs a little getting used to.That's all.

hmm...asspie

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    And I'm pretty sure the majority of the members here appreciate the time and effort you put into it

Apart from the skin,I think it's quite fun to have a different style of board.
    Just needs a little getting used to.That's all.
    my thoughts exactly

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    I'm sorry, I don't like to criticize, but I would have appreciated it more if someone had put in time and effort making sure that they had been successfully backing up the forums on at least a daily basis, and that they could restore such backups.

At least some time and effort should have been put into making sure there is some kind of disaster-recovery procedure in place to stop this kind of fuck-up happening, especially as it's not the first time this has happened to these forums.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast