Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's Acceptance Speech

Originally posted by ketoprak@25 March 2003 - 17:24
    I've prayed once. I was in the middle of religious conflict : thousands of christians killed by muslims, thousands of muslims killed by christians. I've asked God (or Allah, it's supposed to be the same guy) to stop people fighting in His name. Apperently it didn't work. I didn't try to believe in God again after that, and got into politics & human rights activism. Much more efficient
    Well they have traced almost certainly what place Jesus was born in (fact not Bible).
    He would have been tall, lean, with black hair, Exactly how Allah is portrayed and couldn’t have looked Swedish for a second

Basically he looked Arabic, the home of the Muslim religion.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 18:31
    He would have been tall, lean, with black hair, Exactly how Allah is portrayed and couldn’t have looked Swedish for a second

Forgive my ignorance: Who has traced what? As far as I know, Jesus was supposedly a Jew, so presumably he would have looked Jewish.
    Is there any mention in the bible that he was Swedish? Is that any particular edition of the bible I'm not aware of? Or has the Vatican claimed that Jesus was Swedish?

Please enlighten me on these groundbreaking news I haven't heard about.

edit: furthermore, there are portraits of Allah?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Zardoz+25 March 2003 - 17:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zardoz @ 25 March 2003 - 17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--insanebassman@25 March 2003 - 16:08
    I do not take the opinion of the pope seriously at all, I would rather listen to the nausiating twang of the dixie chix..

how dare an organization responsible for so much death in the middle east and around the world try to look down thier nose at anyone.

The fucking pope has no legitamacy in world affairs other than the fact that he has crawled his way to the top of a political group like any other dirty politician.

As for Michael Moore&#39;s speach, take it the same way you would any other sheltered bitch. (Like Bush) He is ranting about having things his own way...(like Bush) Why can&#39;t we all just stop trying to get along and get the apocalypse (sp?) over with?&#33;?&#33;
    I agree the Catholics only stand on their pompous pedestal when it suits them.
    They completely failed to defend the Jews in WW2 because of what Hitler and musalini might have done when Italy got invaded

The Vatican is the home of Hypocritical Cowards; To clear up a few misconceptions about myself, I think most of the people in Americana (however I may dissagree with some.) are dedicated and brave. I cannot say the same for catholics.

Please do not attack me on the catholic issue you wont like what comes out.

I dont agree with your opinion an Michael Moore but I don&#39;t know any more of him other than he is a director of controversial films etc. and I don&#39;t completely understand the comment "sheltered bitch" I assume it&#39;s an American Colloquialism.

you also totally have a point with Bush. [/b][/quote]
    Zardoz, take a deep breath, sit back and read what you have written in your threads. All I can see in them is bitterness, racism and bigotry, and please don&#39;t respond with "but the other side are worse tham me" arguement.

I was born and brought up a Roman Catholic and still attend mass on a Sunday, where I live I have been verbally and physically abused by people who do not like the religion that I have been brought up within, I have also been discriminated against when seeking employment in the past. Inspite of this I do not mock people of other religions or nationalities, but have learned that real bravery and humility comes with turning the other cheek and letting people live their own way.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Originally posted by j2k4@25 March 2003 - 15:13
    But what about the people (the "celebrities") who threaten to leave (i.e., deprive US of their presence), and don&#39;t?
    They were all sitting in the front row at the Oscars and constituted all the cheers that Michael Moore recieved.
    I&#39;ve had a bellyful of spoiled-brat celebrities who almost demand to be worshipped for their "gracious" offerings of sociopolitical expertise. Funny, but I never hear them refer to the days when they had to scrape to eat; by the time they&#39;ve "earned" all the attention they get, they&#39;re richer than Croesus and dumber than..........well.......Zardoz.

THAT&#39;S IT&#33;&#33;

ZARDOZ IS A FAILED CELEBRITY LIVING IN EXILE&#33;
    Well, I do prefer them making statements and having the right to make statements - otherwise one might gain the impression that they are actually identifying with roles they are playing. And if you see some of the heroic rubbish that comes out of more or less all dream factories of this world, I think it is vital that the people responsible for that remind us that this is an illusion, made for entertainment.

I don&#39;t think in a true democratic society the statement of a celebrity has any more meaning than that of the next guy. It has exactly the importance you assign to it. That some might feel differently because they have air time is their problem. I personally would never be interested in the social, economical or intellectual background of someone making a statement, but would be interested in their opinions - and if I find them contestable, I contest them. I&#39;m not easily impressed, and making a lot of money never impressed me - if they are good actors, fine, I like good performances. That shows talent and aptitude in their line of work, but nothing else. If people are paying exorbitant amounts of money for that, good for them. That doesn&#39;t make the actors "more valuable" people.

I don&#39;t know about your country, but we have quite a lot of talk shows with interesting people, some celebrities, others from politics, military, intellectuals, you name it. It&#39;s usually on those occasions that you learn how to assess the expertise and in-depth knowledge of the ones present - believe me, you hear stupidity and ignorance from all of those groups, but so far I haven&#39;t determined a pattern that a particular profession has that as a prerequisite. That&#39;s why I didn&#39;t like the way Michael Moore made his statement - I like his documentaries, and I would have preferred if he had used that for a statement instead of ranting like an idiot - for I am pretty sure he isn&#39;t one.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by puremindmatters+25 March 2003 - 17:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (puremindmatters @ 25 March 2003 - 17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 18:31

Forgive my ignorance: Who has traced what? As far as I know, Jesus was supposedly a Jew, so presumably he would have looked Jewish.
    Is there any mention in the bible that he was Swedish? Is that any particular edition of the bible I&#39;m not aware of? Or has the Vatican claimed that Jesus was Swedish?

Please enlighten me on these groundbreaking news I haven&#39;t heard about.

edit: furthermore, there are portraits of Allah? [/b][/quote]
    groundbreaking to you maybe. I first heard of it about 10 years ago.
    And how exactly did Jews look 2000 years ago? they had the appearence of arabis but a little darker by modern standards
    and now jesus is portrais tall blonde and white i.e. Sweedish oir scandinavian.

Why do you assume nothing changes
    Italians were black but througn breeding with whites arenow pail
    where do you think the dark hair comes from

so to all modern evidence Jesus, Moses. the deciples and Even Jesus&#39;s god the Christian god was BLACK by all madern standards
    Blame it all on Michelangelo he used his slim blonde brother to pose for a jesus portrait and it stuck.
    I know quite a few people will have a fit about this but only because the&#39;re racist.

Read THIS and be enlightened

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Zardoz is nothing but a troller.

He is that kid who says stupid shit in class in hopes that somebody will notice him.

I gave him the full option of taking me on directly but he/she would rather sit back and makes general statements which look pretty much like trolling.

Be glad I&#39;m not a mod is all I can say cause people like that get banned with the quickness.

I wonder though if he gets as many PM&#39;s as I got even though I was saying much less moronic things?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by mrcall1969+25 March 2003 - 18:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcall1969 @ 25 March 2003 - 18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 17:14
    <!--QuoteBegin--insanebassman
    @25 March 2003 - 16:08
    I do not take the opinion of the pope seriously at all, I would rather listen to the nausiating twang of the dixie chix..

how dare an organization responsible for so much death in the middle east and around the world try to look down thier nose at anyone.

The fucking pope has no legitamacy in world affairs other than the fact that he has crawled his way to the top of a political group like any other dirty politician.

As for Michael Moore&#39;s speach, take it the same way you would any other sheltered bitch. (Like Bush) He is ranting about having things his own way...(like Bush) Why can&#39;t we all just stop trying to get along and get the apocalypse (sp?) over with?&#33;?&#33;

I agree the Catholics only stand on their pompous pedestal when it suits them.
    They completely failed to defend the Jews in WW2 because of what Hitler and musalini might have done when Italy got invaded

The Vatican is the home of Hypocritical Cowards; To clear up a few misconceptions about myself, I think most of the people in Americana (however I may dissagree with some.) are dedicated and brave. I cannot say the same for catholics.

Please do not attack me on the catholic issue you wont like what comes out.

I dont agree with your opinion an Michael Moore but I don&#39;t know any more of him other than he is a director of controversial films etc. and I don&#39;t completely understand the comment "sheltered bitch" I assume it&#39;s an American Colloquialism.

you also totally have a point with Bush.
    Zardoz, take a deep breath, sit back and read what you have written in your threads. All I can see in them is bitterness, racism and bigotry, and please don&#39;t respond with "but the other side are worse tham me" arguement.

I was born and brought up a Roman Catholic and still attend mass on a Sunday, where I live I have been verbally and physically abused by people who do not like the religion that I have been brought up within, I have also been discriminated against when seeking employment in the past. Inspite of this I do not mock people of other religions or nationalities, but have learned that real bravery and humility comes with turning the other cheek and letting people live their own way. [/b][/quote]
    Open your eyes
    And before you prove what I said by totally misquoting me and therefore proving the
    intolerance of your church.

Lets look at the way your church promotes the induction of paedophiles and serves young children up to them by making it almost impossible for a prosecution to be successful and in most cases by covering it up and helping the perpetrators evade justice.

Now tell me how proud you are of your church once more.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Is this all something you just learned in school this year?

1st off most Americans are Protestant, though since you hate Americans and think them all racist it doesn;t matter.

You know what race I hate?

Whatever breed spawned you, though by this point I am reasonably certain that it was something sub-human and not an actuall Homo-Sapien.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Err..isn&#39;t this post supposed to be about Michael Moore?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@25 March 2003 - 19:43
    Zardoz is nothing but a troller.

He is that kid who says stupid shit in class in hopes that somebody will notice him.

I gave him the full option of taking me on directly but he/she would rather sit back and makes general statements which look pretty much like trolling.

Be glad I&#39;m not a mod is all I can say cause people like that get banned with the quickness.

I wonder though if he gets as many PM&#39;s as I got even though I was saying much less moronic things?

-SJ™
    YUP&#33;
    SJ-
    He is at the moment ignoring you-me, too.
    You can kick him from one end of this forum to the other but his survival instincts are the only ones that serve him in the end.
    I recommend you ignore him; I&#39;ll do the same. You watch, he&#39;ll be back begging for attention before you know it, then we can recommence using him as the ragged shuttlecock he is.

Zardoz Rule #1: You can&#39;t tell him you&#39;re smarter, you have to demonstrate it, while showing no recognition whatsoever.

Try it, it&#39;s fun.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast