Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's Acceptance Speech

Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 19:32
    groundbreaking to you maybe. I first heard of it about 10 years ago.
    And how exactly did Jews look 2000 years ago? they had the appearence of arabis but a little darker by modern standards
    and now jesus is portrais tall blonde and white i.e. Sweedish oir scandinavian.

Why do you assume nothing changes
    Italians were black but througn breeding with whites arenow pail
    where do you think the dark hair comes from

so to all modern evidence Jesus, Moses. the deciples and Even Jesus's god the Christian god was BLACK by all madern standards
    Blame it all on Michelangelo he used his slim blonde brother to pose for a jesus portrait and it stuck.
    I know quite a few people will have a fit about this but only because the're racist.

Read THIS and be enlightened
    I haven't heard of any church claiming that their depiction of any religious figure of the past was accurate. You shouldn't make statements if you don't know what you are talking about. Every religious artist depicts their holy figures in a way that they can relate to it. Buddha looks different in India than he looks in Japan. I find it amusing that you think that this as any import on a religion whatsoever. Not even in Hollywood movies I've seen a Swedish Jesus.

I have been to Israel and I wouldn't be able to tell Jewish people apart from other Arabic people living in that region just from their complexion. If they live in the same area, they are bound to get about the same amount of sunshine. If they looked different 2000 years ago, fine - what the heck does that have to do with Christianity?

I'm still waiting for a picture of Allah?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by Skillian@25 March 2003 - 19:54
    Err..isn't this post supposed to be about Michael Moore?
    It was. Maybe somebody else will notice what I am talking about here? I mean being stupid on the internet is hardly original of course, but seems like this person just ruins threads for no good reason other than being jealous of Americans.

Being covetous is never a good thing.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    To refresh memories I repeat my post on the flame war from monday here.
    the few at whom this is aimed know who they are.

"LOOKS LIKE I HAVE VICTORY.

I have reduced the bigots to nothing less than a tirade of abuse with no intelligent comment.
    I cannot think of a better definition of success.

All these threads are one abusive comment after another
    I'm getting very bored with this.

I WILL NOT RESPOND FURTHER UNLESS YOU CAN FIND SOMEBODY WHO WILL WRITE SOMETHING INTELLIGENT FOR YOU.
    DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOLKS."

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    No no, you don't think we are biggots. YOu are jealous and covetous of what we have and you don't.

But you can't come right out and say that can you? So instead of saying "I am a jealous and covetous little sub-person" she comes out and says we are biggots.

twisted logic there but whatever gets you through the day and able to cope with yourself.

I wonder something about Zardoz, is she on meds of any sort?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 20:17
    To refresh memories I repeat my post on the flame war from monday here.
    the few at whom this is aimed know who they are.

"LOOKS LIKE I HAVE VICTORY.

I have reduced the bigots to nothing less than a tirade of abuse with no intelligent comment.
    I cannot think of a better definition of success.

All these threads are one abusive comment after another
    I'm getting very bored with this.

I WILL NOT RESPOND FURTHER UNLESS YOU CAN FIND SOMEBODY WHO WILL WRITE SOMETHING INTELLIGENT FOR YOU.
    Zardoz, the only person I see being bigoted is you!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 20:17
    You'd better find someone intelligent first who explains to you what has been written so far, including your own haphazard melange of words.

I would recommend some reading up on "racism", "bigot", "religion", "society", "victory".... hm, the list would probably get too long.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Originally posted by puremindmatters+25 March 2003 - 19:10--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (puremindmatters @ 25 March 2003 - 19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 19:32
    groundbreaking to you maybe. I first heard of it about 10 years ago.
    And how exactly did Jews look 2000 years ago?&nbsp; they had the appearence of arabis but a little darker by modern standards
    and now jesus is portrais tall blonde and white&nbsp; i.e. Sweedish oir scandinavian.

Why do you assume nothing changes
    Italians were black but througn breeding with whites arenow pail
    where do you think the dark hair comes from

so to all modern evidence Jesus, Moses. the deciples and Even Jesus&#39;s god the Christian god was BLACK by all madern standards
    Blame it all on Michelangelo he used his slim blonde brother to pose for a jesus portrait and it stuck.
    I know quite a few people will have a fit about this but only because the&#39;re racist.

Read THIS and be enlightened
    I haven&#39;t heard of any church claiming that their depiction of any religious figure of the past was accurate. You shouldn&#39;t make statements if you don&#39;t know what you are talking about. Every religious artist depicts their holy figures in a way that they can relate to it. Buddha looks different in India than he looks in Japan. I find it amusing that you think that this as any import on a religion whatsoever. Not even in Hollywood movies I&#39;ve seen a Swedish Jesus.

I have been to Israel and I wouldn&#39;t be able to tell Jewish people apart from other Arabic people living in that region just from their complexion. If they live in the same area, they are bound to get about the same amount of sunshine. If they looked different 2000 years ago, fine - what the heck does that have to do with Christianity?

I&#39;m still waiting for a picture of Allah? [/b][/quote]

I use Swedish as a metaphor to give people the picture of a tall blonde white man.

And if you read the link then you will realise that it is extremely important to Christianity as the idea of a white god leads strongly to the white supremacists and their view of whites being superior to other races.
    The whole KKK&#39;s reasoning is that white is good all else is inferior.

If you believe that the KKK isn’t racism disguised as Christianity then I suggest you read more about the subject.
    Jews are not black, to all available evidence Jesus could not have been anything else.

I recommend you read the entirety of a post before attempting criticism

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Originally posted by puremindmatters+25 March 2003 - 19:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (puremindmatters @ 25 March 2003 - 19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 20:17
    DON&#39;T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOLKS."
    You&#39;d better find someone intelligent first who explains to you what has been written so far, including your own haphazard melange of words.

I would recommend some reading up on "racism", "bigot", "religion", "society", "victory".... hm, the list would probably get too long. [/b][/quote]
    the few has expanded

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 20:47
    If you believe that the KKK isn’t racism disguised as Christianity then I suggest you read more about the subject.
    Jews are not black, to all available evidence Jesus could not have been anything else.

I recommend you read the entirety of a post before attempting criticism
    KKK isn&#39;t disguised - it is overt racism, and has nothing to do with Christianity.

I haven&#39;t heard of any church supporting the KKK.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Zardoz, give it a rest mate. Who mentioned the KKK? This was a topic about Michael Moore until you introduced racism (?) in you first post and religion in your second. It&#39;s too late now I guess, the thread has been ruined, but try to see through some of the insults you are getting and realise that they actually have a point.

Although it is quite ironic that before you came along people were talking about Michael Moore using an innapropriate time and place to get his views across, don&#39;t you think?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast