Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Gun Control in the U.S.-The Truth

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

I never said you called hunters idiots. That was a product of MaxOverLord's lack of reading comprehension.

The demand comes from our Constitution. Everyone has different personal reasons for wanting to own a gun and your idiotic statement grouping them all as mentally suspect speaks volumes to ignorance.

Now your ignorance is not necessarily a bad thing but it is ignorance. No it is not legal to shoot someone and drag them into the house. It is legal shoot someone that broke into your house which is why they'd pull them in to make it seem like a legal shoot.

Based on your logic, a person wanting to protect themselves with any weapon is mentally suspect.
    Nobody replied to my point earlier on. Why is it legal possible to carry a gun but not a flick knife a dagger or a gravity knife(In some states). You could use them to protect yourself.
    I dunno. I never hoid uv that.

However, the amount of dumb laws out there never amazes me. The dumb laws do, however.

Tbh, the whole point of a gun versus a knife is stopping power. I have personally fucked someone up that pulled a knife on me.

Knife < Gun

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaaman View Post
    I am not really opinionated about whether people should own guns or not, but I do think that America portrays guns in a very positive way. It is all about the image of having a gun and in the U.S it is apparently 'cool' to own a gun and. In other countries like India, a normal person possessing a gun is seen as something that is very dangerous. I think that the pictures Cho Seung Hui took of himself also helps prove my point. They are all in a sort of 'glorified stature'.

Some of Cho's 'glorifying' images: Link
    It's also done in movies. It has less to do with guns but more to do with portraying one's self as being a bad ass.

Notice that Cho doesn't just have pictures of guns but he was portraying himself as a nutjob with knives as well.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-01-2007 at 10:10 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    There's definitely an element of glorifying weapons in movies.
    There's also an element of such saturation of these types of images that some become disconnected from the reality of what a bullet can actually do to the human body.

Sometimes I find myself seeing and or doing things and thinking "this looks/feels just like a movie." That certainly was the case on 9/11.

I think maybe people are less engaged with one another on a base level,what with comp. and video games,movies,sports. We all have things that help us to "disconnect." I think that as far as human contact is concerned it does play a role in certain societal problems. I could be wrong. I guess we'll have to leave it up to Chomsky.....

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    There's also an element of such saturation of these types of images that some become disconnected from the reality of what a bullet can actually do to the human body.
    Right on the spot.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112