Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control in the U.S.-The Truth

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am not talking about anyone involved in the food chain. I would be willing to bet that there are mor pleasure seeking hunters with guns than there are hunters hunting for food.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Start another thread about something. I cant do it or I will bring out the Trolls.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    This is hilarious!

Now those "hunters from city" are being stigmatized.

Yes I'm sure they like to hunt and yes I'm sure they don't kill their prey and then....just walk away.

Us folk from the city happenz to lurvez teh deerz meatz. After a kill, the deer is taken to a good butcher that'll cut it how you like it.

Deer bologna is quite good.

I remember a similar demonization from merely asking about a E85 fuel and getting a large SUV (from Canadians too). I heard all the crap about how I don't need it and all....all from folks who knew not a damn thing about my personal situation.

Fucking idiots.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I am not talking about anyone involved in the food chain. I would be willing to bet that there are mor pleasure seeking hunters with guns than there are hunters hunting for food.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Start another thread about something. I cant do it or I will bring out the Trolls.
    No if you don't bother to insult people due to your own ignorance then you won't have them calling you on it. Sometimes the troll is you.

Also most pleasure seeking hunters here hunt for food. Take my word for it since you happen to be across the water and know nothing about it except what you see on TV.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-01-2007 at 05:45 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    Confirmed

@ Busyman. You are calling me ignorant? You are a thick as pig shit in the neck of a bottle. You post incomprehensible garbage then when members ask you to explain your actions you you cant reply with any sensible explanation.
    Last edited by bigboab; 05-01-2007 at 05:57 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    Confirmed

@ Busyman. You are calling me ignorant? You are a thick as pig shit in the neck of a bottle. You post incomprehensible garbage then when members ask you to explain your actions you you cant reply with any sensible explanation.
    How can you not understand that you are an idiot?

I understood you calling all gun owners (and those wanting to own a gun) mentally suspect.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Busyman. Who isn't an idiot? Yourself excluded,of course.
    It appears all you do is hurl expletives at people you don't know.
    This is very low class. I think Washington has gotten to you perhaps?
    P.S Your right. I don't know you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Confirmed

How can you not understand that you are an idiot?

I understood you calling all gun owners (and those wanting to own a gun) mentally suspect.
    I know people in Kentucky who carry guns. They have one in the glove compartment in their car. They have one in their garden shed. I don't know how many they have in the house. They have said to me that if anyone tried to break into their house they would shoot them then pull them inside the house. Apparently that is within the law..

Given the gun crime rate and mass killings would you
    just answer me one question why is it only in America that people demand the right to carry guns?

I have never said that hunters are idiots. I said that the mentality of anyone who wants to own a gun must be suspect. There is a vast difference.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Well explain to me what moral difference it makes in the way the guy that kills the food feels.

What is the moral difference between someone that chooses to kill his own food (and enjoys it) and someone that chooses to take it off the grocery shelf. The simple removal of involvement in the killing makes no difference in my mind.

Unless one is a vegan then I fail to see any difference even if the hunter only hunts for personal pleasure and never personally eats what he kills but instead gives/sells it to someone else to eat.

As I said if the hunt is just for sport and the kill never makes it to the plate but is just left there, or maybe just the head is taken for a trophy then I agree. But if the kill is eaten and often the rest of the animal used then I see nothing morally different from that or buying meat or things like leather shoes in a store.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I certainly feel like an idiot right now.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Well explain to me what moral difference it makes in the way the guy that kills the food feels.

What is the moral difference between someone that chooses to kill his own food (and enjoys it) and someone that chooses to take it off the grocery shelf. The simple removal of involvement in the killing makes no difference in my mind.

Unless one is a vegan then I fail to see any difference even if the hunter only hunts for personal pleasure and never personally eats what he kills but instead gives/sells it to someone else to eat.

As I said if the hunt is just for sport and the kill never makes it to the plate but is just left there, or maybe just the head is taken for a trophy then I agree. But if the kill is eaten and often the rest of the animal used then I see nothing morally different from that or buying meat or things like leather shoes in a store.
    The person that kills in a slaughterhouse has that same mental atitude or he would not do the job.

Incidentally I had a neighbour who did just that. He was applying for a new job and asked me to give him a reference. Under 'present occupation' he had entered killer.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast