Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control in the U.S.-The Truth

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    So what moral difference is there between the person in the slaughterhouse and the person that eats the meat?

Edit: going to be away for a few hours. My son is visiting and we are going to roast a dead animal on the grill...grrrrrr

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    So what moral difference is there between the person in the slaughterhouse and the person that eats the meat?
    I don't know, they are only at the end of a long chain in the system.

Not exactly a question that is relevant to gun owning. If I replied that they are morally responsible it would be like saying I am morally responsible for any UK soldier killing in Iraq. He is supposed to be defending me.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    Busyman. Who isn't an idiot? Yourself excluded,of course.
    It appears all you do is hurl expletives at people you don't know.
    This is very low class. I think Washington has gotten to you perhaps?
    P.S Your right. I don't know you.
    Dude, in your post (#70) where'd you get that from?

boab didn't say it so that's why I made reference to your reading comprehension.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Barbarossa #74.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

How can you not understand that you are an idiot?

I understood you calling all gun owners (and those wanting to own a gun) mentally suspect.
    I know people in Kentucky who carry guns. They have one in the glove compartment in their car. They have one in their garden shed. I don't know how many they have in the house. They have said to me that if anyone tried to break into their house they would shoot them then pull them inside the house. Apparently that is within the law..

Given the gun crime rate and mass killings would you
    just answer me one question why is it only in America that people demand the right to carry guns?

I have never said that hunters are idiots. I said that the mentality of anyone who wants to own a gun must be suspect. There is a vast difference.
    I never said you called hunters idiots. That was a product of MaxOverLord's lack of reading comprehension.

The demand comes from our Constitution. Everyone has different personal reasons for wanting to own a gun and your idiotic statement grouping them all as mentally suspect speaks volumes to ignorance.

Now your ignorance is not necessarily a bad thing but it is ignorance. No it is not legal to shoot someone and drag them into the house. It is legal shoot someone that broke into your house which is why they'd pull them in to make it seem like a legal shoot.

Based on your logic, a person wanting to protect themselves with any weapon is mentally suspect.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I never said Bob said that. A little more inspection on your reading comprehension perhaps. This is all too childish to be sure. A matter of he said you said but I didn't said that he said what you said I said?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Barbarossa #74.
    Ahhhh so you're a time traveler.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I know people in Kentucky who carry guns. They have one in the glove compartment in their car. They have one in their garden shed. I don't know how many they have in the house. They have said to me that if anyone tried to break into their house they would shoot them then pull them inside the house. Apparently that is within the law..

Given the gun crime rate and mass killings would you
    just answer me one question why is it only in America that people demand the right to carry guns?

I have never said that hunters are idiots. I said that the mentality of anyone who wants to own a gun must be suspect. There is a vast difference.
    I never said you called hunters idiots. That was a product of MaxOverLord's lack of reading comprehension.

The demand comes from our Constitution. Everyone has different personal reasons for wanting to own a gun and your idiotic statement grouping them all as mentally suspect speaks volumes to ignorance.

Now your ignorance is not necessarily a bad thing but it is ignorance. No it is not legal to shoot someone and drag them into the house. It is legal shoot someone that broke into your house which is why they'd pull them in to make it seem like a legal shoot.

Based on your logic, a person wanting to protect themselves with any weapon is mentally suspect.
    Nobody replied to my point earlier on. Why is it legal possible to carry a gun but not a flick knife a dagger or a gravity knife(In some states). You could use them to protect yourself.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    I never said Bob said that. A little more inspection on your reading comprehension perhaps. This is all too childish to be sure. A matter of he said you said but I didn't said that he said what you said I said?
    Cool I've been past it for awhile now.

I just wondered where you got that hunters were idiots and it seemed like poor comprehension is all.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    I am not really opinionated about whether people should own guns or not, but I do think that America portrays guns in a very positive way. It is all about the image of having a gun and in the U.S it is apparently 'cool' to own a gun and. In other countries like India, a normal person possessing a gun is seen as something that is very dangerous. I think that the pictures Cho Seung Hui took of himself also helps prove my point. They are all in a sort of 'glorified stature'.

Some of Cho's 'glorifying' images: Link

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast