Thread: Sound always out of sync

Just recently every movie I have burnt gets more and more out of sync the further on it gets,

It didnt used to do this and I dont think I have changed anything, also there are no complaints about this from any other users who get the same files as me in the comments section on diffrent sites!

What am I doing wrong?

I burn with Nero 6

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Are the movies already in s/vcd or dvd-r format or do you have to rencode them? It could also be the dvd player you are using, some do that to the sound for some reason. To find out if your dvd player is compatible go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Its done it with the last half a dozen movies, they have been all files other than dvd-r as my bandwidth isnt enough for them. I have done avi, svcd, divx and xvid, they all start fine but get more and more out the longer the movie goes on.

I normally put the file straight onto make dvd with the nero options but even if I try to encode it first with other software the resulting mpg file is always out of sync????

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Encoding avi is a pain in the arse at the best of times, Nero I know is'nt that good of an encoder( just what I've heard) but I'm not sure wether this refers to the picture quality or not as I only use nero encoding for stuff like cartoons. If I was trying to get a decent copy of a film I would probably use TEMPGEnc which does have a problem with audiosync, try www.dvdhelp.com for tips on curing it, which will involve extracting the audio from the avi as a wav file using audio dub as TEMPGEnc does'nt handle mp3 very well, theres also settings there to change that can help your encoding with any software. This may be a stab in the dark m8 but I once pissed about with settings for ages before realising the avi was out of sync so just check that aswell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    Encoding avi is a pain in the arse at the best of times, Nero I know is'nt that good of an encoder( just what I've heard) but I'm not sure wether this refers to the picture quality or not as I only use nero encoding for stuff like cartoons. If I was trying to get a decent copy of a film I would probably use TEMPGEnc which does have a problem with audiosync, try www.dvdhelp.com for tips on curing it, which will involve extracting the audio from the avi as a wav file using audio dub as TEMPGEnc does'nt handle mp3 very well, theres also settings there to change that can help your encoding with any software. This may be a stab in the dark m8 but I once pissed about with settings for ages before realising the avi was out of sync so just check that aswell.
    Damn right Encoding is a major Pain ,do yourself a favour and get a divx compliant dvd player and a dvd burner...I have a philips dvp642.Buying this was the smartest move I ever made..No more encoding and 4-6 avi movies on 1 dvd (just burn as data with Nero)

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Just a quick one.

Will the speed i'm burning at have anything to do with it?

If I slow down to x4 or x2 should it be better?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk32
    Just a quick one.

Will the speed i'm burning at have anything to do with it?

If I slow down to x4 or x2 should it be better?
    I was about to ask what speed you were burning at. 8 or 16? Yes, you need to slow down big time to 4x or even 2x for dvd-r's. What burner do you have and what media are you using?

You may also need to reencode as the other have said.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 10-08-2004 at 01:47 PM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I'm still using the advise you give me last time with regards to burning, I'm burning to dvd-r so will change to burn speed 2x and see how I get on.

I have been going way faster than that so will just have to have a bit of patience.

Thanks for advise.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Another thing that can cause problems is other software running while encoding, try closing as much apps as you can.