Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Reputation and ranking systems

  1. #1
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    How does the new ranking system work?
    and
    How does the reputation system work?


  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    I think its useless. but I also dunno how it works

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    I think its useless. but I also dunno how it works
    Same here

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by UnbanMeYouF***ers
    Same here
    are you samsamsamsamsamsamsamsamsamsam?

    ya i don't understand...people have supposedly given me some reputation points but it says i have 0.

    and no stars is confusing but we have a little square pip there for no reason.

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    After ROSSCO gimme points I went from 4 to 11 points total

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    After ROSSCO gimme points I went from 4 to 11 points total


    i just noticed i now have 10...when i made this thread i had 0.

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    I want points too

    Come on guys,give me some rep!

    hmm...asspie

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    I want points too

    Come on guys,give me some rep!
    done, now give me some.

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    What are the "reputations" in the forums

    Reputations are points gained or lost on individual posts within
    the discussion forums. Because these are tied to individual posts, they reflect
    back on the person who made the post, thus giving them a reputation.

    You can give members a positive reputation point(s) as a thanks. If someone
    blasts a thread with an off-topic post or with negative comments, you can give
    them a negative reputation. With time, these reputations will help the "star
    posters" rise and the people who only provide noise to become visible as well.
    Is it possible to cheat the system? Yes, but as it was in the old days, the forum
    moderators and I are aware of many of the ways to cheat the system and will
    take appropriate actions.

    Reputations are indicated by a small graphic. The more positive your reputation,
    the more visible the graphic will become. This will be displayed by all your posts
    and in your profile. To add to someone's reputation, you will click a small scale
    graphic on the upper, right area of the post. It looks like a scale or balance.
    This will result in a pop-up window as shown in Figure 1.


    Figure 1: The Reputations window.

    In this window, you can either give a positive point (approve) or negative
    (disapprove). You should also add a comment on why you approve or
    disapprove. If this is your post, you'll be able to see the reputation points you
    have by clicking on the scale.

    Reputations come with rules. You only get a certain number of points each day, so use them only for the best postings and responses.

  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    What are the "reputations" in the forums

    Reputations are points gained or lost on individual posts within
    the discussion forums. Because these are tied to individual posts, they reflect
    back on the person who made the post, thus giving them a reputation.

    You can give members a positive reputation point(s) as a thanks. If someone
    blasts a thread with an off-topic post or with negative comments, you can give
    them a negative reputation. With time, these reputations will help the "star
    posters" rise and the people who only provide noise to become visible as well.
    Is it possible to cheat the system? Yes, but as it was in the old days, the forum
    moderators and I are aware of many of the ways to cheat the system and will
    take appropriate actions.

    Reputations are indicated by a small graphic. The more positive your reputation,
    the more visible the graphic will become. This will be displayed by all your posts
    and in your profile. To add to someone's reputation, you will click a small scale
    graphic on the upper, right area of the post. It looks like a scale or balance.
    This will result in a pop-up window as shown in Figure 1.


    Figure 1: The Reputations window.

    In this window, you can either give a positive point (approve) or negative
    (disapprove). You should also add a comment on why you approve or
    disapprove. If this is your post, you'll be able to see the reputation points you
    have by clicking on the scale.

    Reputations come with rules. You only get a certain number of points each day, so use them only for the best postings and responses.
    Thanks, so i guess the reanking is tied in with the reputation then.


    this post deserves an extra few reputation points but i already wasted them on you for another post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •