Thread: Hookin Up Computer Image To Tv

I know that a lot of people have already posted questions about this, but I still dont understand.

I was just wandering how can I hook up my pc to a vcr so I can video tape movies I download. I have a normal pc and vcr with no adons. Ive seen pictures of how the cables should look like, and I also went to radio shack but I couldnt find it and I asked the lady but I think I know more about this stuff then her.

So if someone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanx.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Ok, first off, you need a video card with TV out support. Check the back of your computer and see if there is any other slot on your video card besides your monitors. If your not sure which one is your video card, its the one that your monitor plugs into. Now tell us, does your video card have any other slot besides the monitors (TV Out)?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah. It seems to have 2 more

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    What video card are you using? When you buy a video card with TV Out, usually it comes with the plugs needed. Its either Video, or S-Video. You simply plug one end into your video card, the other into the back of your TV.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    do you where I can find it online?
    or any store?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    you can get the cords at a local eletronic store such as best buy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    First off you need to make sure you have tv-out capability for your video card. Since you say there is more than one plugin, you should have it. But what card are you using.

Second, if you do have tv-out, as KrackHead2k said, there should be adapters that come with the card. There are two basic connections for tv-out: Composite Video and S-video. Composite is what you usually plug video game consoles in with,etc. S-video is much better and looks more like a computer type plug. Not too many tv's have this.

What you need to do is find how you want to connect your video card to your tv or vcr. You could connect them using a simple composite cable which is only a couple bucks unless you already have some lying around the house. Or you could Use the S-video cable to plug it in ONLY if your tv/vcr has a S-video plugin. Most likely your card will have only an S-video out and your tv/vcr will only have a composite plugin. In this case you will need to go to RadioShack or something similar and get a simple S-video to Composite converter cable. It basically turns the S-video plug on your card into Composite so you can connect it to the composite on your tv/vcr.

Following this so far??

Then if you want to listen to the audio through your stereo or your tv speakers, then you need to get and audio cable that will go from your speaker plug on your computer to the stereo or tv.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you don't understand anything, just ask. Don't let the Name fool you.