Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suprnova Not Working

Poster
    When i click on a torrent it takes me to a page that says this
    Unauthorized download

We're sorry, but this downlod request cannot be authorized. There could be several reasons for this:

1) You clicked on a link on an *unofficial* SuprNova.org mirror. We do not allow that kind of external hotlinking. This site creates a great deal of traffic and it's hard to find a good hosting. We will not provide the bandwith for other sites. Please visit SuprNova.org and you can download all the torrents you want.

2) You're using a download manager. But there's a solution to this problem:

Set up your download manager to send a HTTP referer, and when you click on a link on the SuprNova.org site the download will be authorized. Here's how you can do this in Getright:

Go to Getright Configuration, under Advanced/Protocol check Send "Referer" in HTTP Request and then select Calculated from open web browser page.

The setup should be similar for other download managers.

3) Your browser did not send a referer. This normally happens if you right click on a link and select save-as, or if you copy and paste a link into a new browser window and press Enter. It may also be that your browser is set up to not send any referer. But left clicking on a link works just fine and has been tested in IE6, Netscape 6, Opera6, Firefox and Safari

Some software firewalls, for instance the Norton Personal Firewall (which is also part of Norton Internet Security) or ZoneAlarm remove the referer from HTTP requests which will block any downloads on any site that does a referer check. Hence such options should always be turned off. In Norton you have to go to the Privacy Settings and disable browser privacy (which doesn't really protect your privacy anyway as your IP address will always be logged regardless of that setting), in ZoneAlarm you have to go to Privacy -> Cookie Control -> Custom and uncheck "remove private header information".

Software like AdSubstract also blocks the referer and makes downloads impossible.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you understand our reasons for doing so. Bandwith doesn't come cheap and we have to do all we can to keep the bandwith usage down.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    It works.

You'll just have to tweak your firewall or not use applications like gosuprnova.

Also if you're getting the torrents from an unofficial mirror site then expect the same.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    It works.

You'll just have to tweak your firewall or not use applications like gosuprnova.

Also if you're getting the torrents from an unofficial mirror site then expect the same.
    lol no i dont use gosuprnova the software i goto www.suprnova.org

and not only i have this problem but also my friend has this problem

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I get that error too. It's strange because I can download a torrent without a problem and then on the same page I get that error on another torrent. I've tried different browsers but the same problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Have you hidden your ip/ or in stealth mode?(Sygate)

this can cause the problem

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    same problem here, cant even "Save as" it i get Html page when i do.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if you use Firefox, you may be hiding referer urls - try IE

/me shudders for saying that
    <insert signature here>

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Could this "error" be about the fact that they dont allow some sites
    to post torrents no more, I think they got some Black List thingie going on.

They have forums where one could easily get a better answer than what im
    posting here, im just guessing...

Spoiler: Show

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    There was a useful thread about this but hey ho it was in the last 5 weeks

edit - interestingly enough I use firefox and don't have a problem vivitron
    Last edited by danb; 10-05-2004 at 09:23 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The answer's in the initial post.

If you read the bit from Suprnova then all your prayers will be answered.
    I hate cheese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast