Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where'd the Forum Star's go?

read his latest posts... completely negative with no help.

a good example of what I previously said would be reason for a 24 hour ban.

We're sorting through things and instead of taking the whole forum down we're working on it while its up. We will not be tolerating crap while we're working hard at fixing everything up.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Oh, ok.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by krohn
    At this time we are not accepting applications. We believe we have the moderation duties handled.

We will be putting membership levels in place which MIGHT eventually be similiar to that old forum stars system like say above XXXX posts and a reputation level above XXX then they get promoted to a certain level that might be able to get in.

Like I said, we have the reputation system so start using it....
    Well I just tried adjusting your reputation Krohn, it would appear that yours is disabled...

I personally consider you wrong to ban someone for posting critical statements, after all, you have f*cked up, big time. ...Also not for the first time.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I will not be making any staff decisions.
    so did u discuss the removal of "Forum Star" with the staff?

Well, surely not, else they wouldve known, cos they can read Team Chat.

I think its a tad messed up to get rid of this post, cos after all, these people are the respected, ex-mods and people who generally are loved by the board.
    <insert signature here>

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Retired
    I think the Forum Stars should come back. its just 2 show some respect 2 people who had put alot of time on this board in the past.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    cant u do it, being admin?
    <insert signature here>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15
    cant u do it, being admin?
    Yes I can but I would first discuss it with the other team members !!

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The staff room is for staff discussion. If you want to be included in this you will have to hope for being named a mod.
    Just to clarify something that may have happened before you came, "Forum Stars" (I always thought to be badly named actually) was the group that was made up of Ex-Moderators of the board, who had put alot of time and effort into moderating the board over a considerable time, and "done their duty" so to speak; to recognise their commitment and dedication to the smooth running of the forum, this group were allowed to be actively part of Team Chat and helped with decisions, etc, or so I believe.

To just brush them aside now without a thought, and basically telling them to stfu, is going to be counter-productive in the long run.. You're never going to make money from this place if you continue to alienate people..

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    Just to clarify something that may have happened before you came, "Forum Stars" (I always thought to be badly named actually) was the group that was made up of Ex-Moderators of the board, who had put alot of time and effort into moderating the board over a considerable time, and "done their duty" so to speak; to recognise their commitment and dedication to the smooth running of the forum, this group were allowed to be actively part of Team Chat and helped with decisions, etc, or so I believe.

To just brush them aside now without a thought, and basically telling them to stfu, is going to be counter-productive in the long run.. You're never going to make money from this place if you continue to alienate people..

Hee hee wtahc out barbie or you'll get teh 24hr ban tooo
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:41 AM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    nice summary.... if you'd like to be considered for a staff spot take it up with the current staff. I will not be making any staff decisions.
    But he had been considered for the position in the past and had actually been a mod.

Making him a forum star was a nice way if saying thank you for all the hours he'd put in free of charge to keep this place running smoothly.

If you don't want them looking at team chat then fair enough but I think some sort of custom group for those that have been mods in the past is not out of the question.

I realise you have a lot to do, but when the dust settles I hope you will consider replacing their status. It's kind of a respect thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast