Thread: Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Surprised/Amazed

Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface.
    there is a source for it on Suprnova, now what i want to know is that must i install windows again or i can just install MUI on the current windows Xp.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    Windows Xp Multilingual User Interface.
    there is a source for it on Suprnova, now what i want to know is that must i install windows again or i can just install MUI on the current windows Xp.

Its always better todo a clean install

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    so u mean there is an option to install MUI without reinstalling windows, how about unistalling it if i didnt like it, cuz i dont feel like installing all of my apps again after fresh win installition.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hey tell me something I installed MUI for Hindi .. how do I switch between Hindi and English(Default) without installing the hindi MUI.. just am not able to fig that out
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    uh.. what language do they support?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    check the link above it lists all lang
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gd3110
    check the link above it lists all lang
    Where can u get the link cuz i couldnt find it :?

nvm found it

Edit:
    hey tell me something I installed MUI for Hindi .. how do I switch between Hindi and English(Default) without installing the hindi MUI.. just am not able to fig that out
    Are you using LIP, cuz With Language Interface Pack(LIP) u cant switch between languages but with Multilingual User Interface (MUI) u can.

What is the difference between LIP and MUI?
    The main difference is in the level of localization in comparison to MUI packages: LIP packages provide the desktop user with an approximately 80% localized user experience. In addition, LIP doesn't allow users to switch languages. Once a LIP is installed, all users using that machine will have the same User Interface (UI) language.

LIP relies on the same resource-loading technology MUI is built upon, and installs on top of the English version of Windows XP Professional (in most cases).
    Code:
    Windows XP Pro(MUI)
    Arabic
    Brazilian
    Bulgarian*
    Catalan**
    Chinese (Simplified)
    Chinese (Traditional)
    Chinese (Hong Kong)
    Croatian*
    Czech
    Danish
    Dutch
    English
    Estonian*
    Finnish
    French
    German
    Greek
    Hebrew
    Hungarian
    Italian
    Japanese
    Korean
    Latvian*
    Lithuanian*
    Norwegian
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Romanian*
    Russian
    Slovak*
    Slovenian*
    Spanish
    Swedish
    Thai*
    Turkish
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-09-2004 at 05:12 AM.

Benjamen button