Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Verifieddownloads.com Quick Guide

I wanted to add that the hosting and bandwith costs for last months (March) was $375.

Most of it was paid out of the site makers pockets. Needless to say that it's not made for business because if it was, it'd just be like iwannadownload.com.

I dont want to hurt anyones feeling or put anyone down, so if i have offended anyone, excuse me and please accept my apologies. Thank you

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    hmm, interesting thread.
    seems everyone has an opinion about verifieddownloads.com.
    personally, i've had problems with that particular "verifieds" site. everytime i've tried it, the hash i click just brings me back to the home page. it never loads the hash. hmm, very odd since other sites/forums have never yielded this result.
    i did read a post here from someone else with the same problem.

p.s. any computer savvy user runs a pop-up killer making that a non-issue.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by harrycary@26 March 2003 - 19:57
    hmm, interesting thread.
    seems everyone has an opinion about verifieddownloads.com.
    personally, i've had problems with that particular "verifieds" site. everytime i've tried it, the hash i click just brings me back to the home page. it never loads the hash. hmm, very odd since other sites/forums have never yielded this result.
    i did read a post here from someone else with the same problem.

p.s. any computer savvy user runs a pop-up killer making that a non-issue.
    I'm not that computer savvy. I just like things to be simple.

I would also advise against anyone switching off their firewall to allow them to access a website. Particularly a file sharing one.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I reckon that that was a well to but it bluntly FUCKING SHIT. What the hell you tellng us that for. Piss all you got to do i find a file you want on the site and clcik the god dam link. as long as you got sig2dat installed. simple.

excuse my language. but it has to be said.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by wizzandabe@26 March 2003 - 20:32
    I reckon that that was a well to but it bluntly FUCKING SHIT. What the hell you tellng us that for. Piss all you got to do i find a file you want on the site and clcik the god dam link. as long as you got sig2dat installed. simple.

Who are you talking to ?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Forum Star
    Tip for the makers of that site:

Turn off referer checking. That way the site will work for people that use webfilters/firewalls too.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+26 March 2003 - 20:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 26 March 2003 - 20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--wizzandabe@26 March 2003 - 20:32

Who are you talking to ?[/b][/quote]
    To whom were you speaking ?

http://www.picturemehot.com/wizzandabe/

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    jetje's Avatar former star
    There were several topics about not able to dl from that site.
    Well Yorez kinda knew how to fix that. So i asked him to place the answers here, so that&#39;s why he&#39;s telling this.

So thnx Yorez for trying to explain, hope it will solve some peoples problems

but then again, you always can check the verifieds in here...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    I&#39;m not a guru, barely computer literate but I just don&#39;t understand why a website would need you to turn-off ones firewall/protection to use a "simple" sig2dat link. FastTrack dosen&#39;t need you/me to do this.

Could anyone explain to me why? I ask because I have an over-active imagination, and believe they&#39;re (Verified Downloads) is/would be doing something "sinister" to my comp

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    yea I tried VerifiedDownloads.com an got a couple bogus files from there I dont like a site that has verifieds that dosent work or has no way to send a message to complain or complement them
    .... I love the layout of it though ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast