Thread: just about done building comp

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    but just wondering, there is a hell of a lot of wires...and i'm about to close my case but... can i just stick all the wires inside the case i mean its like pretty crowded and i'm not sure what to do.. should i just put em all in and close the case?

(there's some optional wires i dont know how to plug in so waiting for my friend)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Most people just leave them dangling...I try to keep my case neat and tidy. I suggest you do the same.

Make sure wires aren't stretching all around the case...example: Molex goes from video card to cd-rom drive (or vice-versa).

Then with all of the extra wires I used elactics or tape to tie up the wires, then I put them somewhere out of the way. On mine my cd drives start at the second drive bay so I have space up there for wires to go.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeee
    but just wondering, there is a hell of a lot of wires...and i'm about to close my case but... can i just stick all the wires inside the case i mean its like pretty crowded and i'm not sure what to do.. should i just put em all in and close the case?

(there's some optional wires i dont know how to plug in so waiting for my friend)
    ????

so youre asking us if you should:
    1)stick all the wires in the case, or
    2)put all the wires in the case

well then id really go for number 2.........

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I put mine under my cd rom because I only used one bay, plus they are relatively out of the way.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Wire management can be done to the level of an artform.

Do the best you can to keep good airflow.