Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Equality run amok!

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    But to your points... what is good to tax me for is good to tax the church for. The church owns land, buildings etc....

Then in order to achieve the equivalence you crave, I propose the government cease taxing you.

Don't let your secularism make nonsense of your posting, vid.
    much as i find tax annoying i know it is essential. I don't enjoy paying it, but without it we wouldn't have the things we need.
    just one example....Where would our homeland security be?...we need that to protect us all...church included. So if the church enjoys the protection why shouldn't it ante up like the rest of us.

remember as i have already pointed out i am talking about "the church", meaning human based practices of worship methods.......not God.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    much as i find tax annoying i know it is essential. I don't enjoy paying it, but without it we wouldn't have the things we need.
    just one example....Where would our homeland security be?...we need that to protect us all...church included. So if the church enjoys the protection why shouldn't it ante up like the rest of us.

remember as i have already pointed out i am talking about "the church", meaning human based practices of worship methods.......not God.
    ...and without taxes, how would our politicians pocket all that PAC money.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

You miss the point.

Your tax contribution also funds the foreign aid and other things done overseas in the name of the USA that are ostensibly the cause of the terrorism which makes Homeland Security necessary.

A chicken/egg thing, really.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    You miss the point.

Your tax contribution also funds the foreign aid and other things done overseas in the name of the USA that are ostensibly the cause of the terrorism which makes Homeland Security necessary.

A chicken/egg thing, really.

isn't that my point?...where would that contradict me thinking churches should be taxed?

i gave one example...i don't have to delve into the "knock on" effect.
    As a tax payer i have to accept that my money isn't always used as i wish. I made this point on another thread where the woman wanted a promise that not one tax dollar would go to pay for an abortion...well we can't have it our way all the time. seems to me that churches enjoy that nasty thing... "positive discrimination"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85

isn't that my point?...where would that contradict me thinking churches should be taxed?

i gave one example...i don't have to delve into the "knock on" effect.
    As a tax payer i have to accept that my money isn't always used as i wish. I made this point on another thread where the woman wanted a promise that not one tax dollar would go to pay for an abortion...well we can't have it our way all the time. seems to me that churches enjoy that nasty thing... "positive discrimination"
    It would seem that you are afflicted with a sense of fatalism where your taxes are concerned, vid.

Why do you feel so helpless?

There is nothing stopping your objection.

As was recalled here recently:

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing..."

I assume you could be counted upon to summon an argument against any attempt to (for example) withdraw tax monies used to make abortion available to a single mother who could not afford same.

Would you support a massive government-funded campaign to promote abstinence (rather than condoms) among school children?

Or would you "accept" that, with regard to this question, you can't "have it your way"?

Do you attempt to influence the political process with anything apart from, or in addition to, your vote?

Would a self-respecting Jennifer Government groupie do it for real?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    It would seem that you are afflicted with a sense of fatalism where your taxes are concerned, vid.

Why do you feel so helpless?

There is nothing stopping your objection.

As was recalled here recently:

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing..."

I assume you could be counted upon to summon an argument against any attempt to (for example) withdraw tax monies used to make abortion available to a single mother who could not afford same.

Would you support a massive government-funded campaign to promote abstinence (rather than condoms) among school children?

Or would you "accept" that, with regard to this question, you can't "have it your way"?

Do you attempt to influence the political process with anything apart from, or in addition to, your vote?

Would a self-respecting Jennifer Government groupie do it for real?
    Not at all...I accept the fact that in a democracy we have to accept that we can't have it all our own way.

How could i possibly seek to deny tax spending on things i disagree with if i want spending on things i like but others don't? I live in reality and the word of the day is "compromise"...without it society would cease to function.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Sounds like politics to me.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    As it's slow in here i will expand

yes i would argue against it..i already have
    I wouldn't support it if it ignored condoms etc. Texas has a program of sorts along those lines and it has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates in the country.
    Yes promote abstinence...but the fact is that teenagers DO have sex... and if they do they should know how to do it as safely as possible.
    One thing i learnt pretty quickly as a parent that the best way to get a child to do something is to tell them not to.

already ansered with the need for compromise

I am not a political activist, but i do use my vote.
    On the odd occasions i have had contact with people in politics (at various levels) i do put them on the spot if the opportunity arises.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    You are engaging in a type of activism merely by being here, vid.

Why bother trying to change my mind, if you couldn't be bothered to pester your representatives?

They are not in any way exceptional other than that they are unusually thick-headed.

I have enlightened a few of them; maybe you should try it.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Religions should be taxed, based on exactly the same criteria of any other company.

Those that say that its a non-profit making enterprise, please explain to me how all these TV preachers are millionaires, the Catholic Church has so much wealth, What the Latter Day Saints spend their Tithes on etc etc etc...

Sorry, they should be audited and taxed accordingly.... no one says that the Clerics shouldnt live, but to buy Gold Candlesticks, while their flocks are starving isnt my idea of non-profit...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast