Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheney Blunder Lauded Anti-Bush Web Site

ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney probably did not intend to direct millions of television viewers to a Web site calling for President Bush's defeat but that's what a slip of the domain achieved.

Anyone who heeded Cheney's advice and clicked on "factcheck.com" was greeted on Wednesday morning with a message from anti-Bush billionaire investor George Soros entitled "Why we must not reelect President Bush."

"President Bush is endangering our safety, hurting our vital interests, and undermining American values," Soros' message said.

Defending his record as Halliburton's chief executive, Cheney said in the Tuesday night debate that Democratic vice-presidential challenger John Edwards was trying to use Halliburton as a smokescreen. Any voter who wanted the facts, Cheney said, should check out factcheck.com -- which led to the Soros site.

The Web site Cheney had in mind, factcheck.org, was not amused when the vice president proved that he was not master of the factcheckers' domain.

Factcheck.org, run by the Annenberg Center of the University of Pennsylvania, said on its site on Wednesday that Cheney not only got the domain name confused, he had mischaracterized its fact-finding.

"Cheney ... wrongly implied that we had rebutted allegations Edwards was making about what Cheney had done as chief executive officer of Halliburton," the site said on Wednesday.

"In fact we did post an article pointing out that Cheney hasn't profited personally while in office from Halliburton's Iraq contracts, as falsely implied by a Kerry TV ad. But Edwards was talking about Cheney's responsibility for earlier Halliburton troubles. And in fact, Edwards was mostly right."

Source

Debating is obviously not the administrations strong suite

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I’ve stayed quiet for long enough about all these anti Bush articles you’ve been posting as of late but this is it.

Look no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. Did you see myself or anyone else post an article about Gomer Pile when he broke the rules not once but twice last night? No.

You are so blind in your anti Bush hate that you didn’t failed to see your Vice Presidential candidate being torn apart brick by brick (as J2 said so eloquently). Edwards is just a smooth talker, who talks a lot but doesn’t say anything.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Look no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. Did you see myself or anyone else post an article about Gomer Pile when he broke the rules not once but twice last night? No.

You are so blind in your anti Bush hate that you didn’t failed to see your Vice Presidential candidate being torn apart brick by brick (as J2 said so eloquently). Edwards is just a smooth talker, who talks a lot but doesn’t say anything.
    I would agree that this was just a silly mistake and a very easy one to make...but it is kind of funny and i would have said it is more suited to lounge type treatment for seriousness.

i wouldn't say that Edwards was torn apart brick by brick...i appreciate that anything said against the democrat would be a standing ovation moment for the republicans but that said he wasn't exactly honest with his statements and used spin tactics that were thin...but as i said before Edwards didn't call him on them so tough luck on him.
    i do appreciate also that anything said about the republican candidate in a negative way should be ignored as "propoganda"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I’ve stayed quiet for long enough about all these anti Bush articles you’ve been posting as of late but this is it.

He can post anything he wants. I actually did post something about Cheney's performance. Do you actually have a point to make?

It's interesting that you brought up the Cheney/Edwards debate but what about the preceding Bush/Kerry debate?

Talk about a one-sided affair. I know you wouldn't. You probably think Bush did an excellent job.

You brought up nobody's perfect. Well your President is an idiot. I'm not talking a make a few mistakes type idiot. I'm talking a bonafidefigureheadpuppet.

When I watched last night's Cheney performance I wondered did his hand stink...

from being up Bush's ass.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I actually did post something about Cheney's performance.
    Yes I did read your comment about Edwards but the difference is neither you or I devoted a whole thread to it.

It's interesting that you brought up the Cheney/Edwards debate but what about the preceding Bush/Kerry debate?
    If you remember correctly there was a whole thread devoted to the Presidential debate before the big delete where I had commented.

Talk about a one-sided affair. I know you wouldn't. You probably think Bush did an excellent job.
    If you’d rather have style than substance from your president than that’s you. Kerry’s only defense for his country would come only after he went a licked the U.N.’s ass for their approval. Then he’d have to make sure that no one around the world would be offended by what we were going to do with his “Global Test”. What the hell is a global test?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    If you’d rather have style than substance from your president than that’s you. Kerry’s only defense for his country would come only after he went a licked the U.N.’s ass for their approval. Then he’d have to make sure that no one around the world would be offended by what we were going to do with his “Global Test”. What the hell is a global test?
    On that note Hank, you are severely one-sided.

You pick one anecdote after your President embarassed himself as a Republican?

DUDE!!! he lost that debate. It's as obvious as your to-be-expected bias.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    a global test is an expression...i think you chose to believe the Bush spin on this and ignored totally the bit said before

What it means is that any action has to be legitimate in not just the reason for the action but the way it's handled. If you are going to go around invading other nations the world is going to want to see that it's just. This has to happen. If it doesn't then we are no better than the "bad people" we attack.

It doesn't mean that he will ask for permission..get past the spin please

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Vid I have always thought of you as fairly objective until that post. I can’t honestly believe that you would think that.

For crying out loud Edwards couldn’t even answer that question last night.

And you guys have the never to call me one sided.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Vid I have always thought of you as fairly objective until that post. I can’t honestly believe that you would think that.

For crying out loud Edwards couldn’t even answer that question last night.

And you guys have the never to call me one sided.
    You are...severely.

I think Cheney beat Edwards.

The difference is I look at the debates as an unbiased person even though I intend to vote for Kerry. Interesting huh.

Example.

My son is in a dance contest in which I'm a judge but I gave another dancer a better score in a competition.

This is something you are unable to do because you are incapable of separating yourself from your bias. It's like an automaton.

This is unfortunately the reason why a label such as Republican or Democrat will be a death knell if one doesn't use their brain and step back and stop the "cheering".

You ever heard, "When you are in love, she can do no wrong."

I was in love a long time ago and after that "ordeal" of being hurt something clicked in my head and I have forever changed.

One day that light bulb will go off in your head.

You are not critical of your own party which is sad. I view politicians, all of them, with suspicion.

When Kerry is elected, I will light into him the same way.

BE CRITICAL OF YOUR POLITICIANS!!!

It hopefully results in better government. The problem is usually the other party is only one's critical. The party members are just partygoers. Your vote is counted already.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-07-2004 at 02:58 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I don't like Bush when I come across something critical of him that I think is interesting I'll post it
    Edwards is not my Vice Presidential candidate I'm a Libertarian though I'll probably vote Kerry/Edwards to be voting against Bush

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast