Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protowall or Peergurdian?

Bluetack Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    Neither, download Sygate, then import all of the IP's with Bluetacks's website.
    Hate to revive an old topic but thought i would address this. Loading too many IPs into a Personal Firewall can be very bad. Firewalls will only hold so many IPs before they get overloaded and become sluggish and less effective at dealing with other threats like hackers/intrusions/etc. Importing all the IPs at Bluetack is too many to load into a Pesonal Firewall. I would only put the critical stuff you want to block in your firewall blocklist.
    Last edited by hackattack142; 11-12-2004 at 06:02 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Retired
    I use PeerGuardian Lite

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Vash21's Avatar king of the n00bs
    I was recently using peerguardian2 but i guess because it is still beta i had one serious promblem with it. When it blocked ip addresses for government, ads, etc. it also blocked everywebsite or peer that had the same ip and it screwed me over for like 3 months cause it took me so long to find the promblem. Now i am trying peerguardian lite

p.s. if anyone else has peerguardian2 beta and u suspicously cant access a site try turning it off and retrying to get on the site.
    Last edited by Vash21; 06-22-2006 at 05:50 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I use protowall, and im happy with it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Do they work(install) with Windows Vista?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12