Thread: [H]ardOCP gone??

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=23141

Our good friends over at [H]ardOCP are coming under fire from the Futuremark over comments made about the new 3DMark 2005 benchmarking program. Here's the memo fired off to Kyle:

I strongly advise you to not to slander our product, 3DMark, on your web site. Take down all your false and unjustified and baseless claims about 3DMark.

But wait, it gets better. After asking for a response as to what constitutes as slander, this is what was stated:

You know what I mean. Your articles have consistently discredited 3DMark for years now and the few justifications there have sometimes been have been without merit. It seems to us as if you have something against our product personally and are using your popular website as a platform to attack and trying to discredit on purpose and with baseless claims and sometimes also with erroneous information.

That being said, after the whole FutureMark/NVIDIA scandal with 3DMark 2003, it's understandable that people would be leery of 3DMark as a benchmarking tool. [H]ardOCP has always told it like it is and they don't hold back or pander to companies to "make friends."
    Last edited by jaigandhi5; 10-07-2004 at 12:58 AM.

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Interesting read,

But why is the title of this HardOCP gone? Makes me think they are closing the site down, which doesnt seem to be the case at all?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by _John_Lennon_
    Interesting read,

But why is the title of this HardOCP gone? Makes me think they are closing the site down, which doesnt seem to be the case at all?
    yea i dont know why but when i went to it the site wasnt working....its working now...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    update:
    Posted by Kyle 12:14 PM (CDT)
    Futuremark Withdraws:
    Tero Sarkkinen, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Futuremark, has posted an apology and withdrawal of his statements in our forums, after yesterday threatening legal action against HardOCP for posting our opinions about Futuremark's 3DMark benchmarks. You can find the full post here.

Please accept my sincererest[sic] apologies for myself reacting the way I did yesterday morning and for sending those emails to Kyle that he posted on the news page. I would like to hereby let everyone know that I am withdrawing all of that. Also, I feel that I owe everyone an explanation of why it happened.