Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Amazed!

Poster
    bah fuck it.. tis summertime and i just been out playing tag with the foster kids LOL and i really cant be fucked to argue..

and as far as i know.. they are NVG's..

maybe you know better maybe you dont...

either way im sorry for cursing you that was a bit lame..

SJ if i offended you im sorry.. i dont think i have :S

hell tbh.. i dont know why im apologising... i am half american..
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer+25 March 2003 - 14:13--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leech_Killer @ 25 March 2003 - 14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Romeo187@25 March 2003 - 14:50
    smart ones go to the RAF my ass
    To get into the RAF the minimum qualifications for a pilot are 2 A/A2-levels or 3 Scottish Higher passes, plus 5 GCSEs/SCEs (Grade C/3) including English Language and Maths.

But to get into the army and I&#39;ve taken this from the army&#39;s own website:-

Q: What qualifications do I need to join the Army?

A: For the majority of jobs you do not require any formal qualifications, but for certain technical trades, you may be required to have certain GCSEs. The main ones being in maths, english language and a science subject.

So come on then Einstein seeing as I&#39;m such a retard explain it to me, why can you get into the army with no qualifications but you need A levels for the RAF?

Well? your ass is on the line. [/b][/quote]
    For a PILOT you have minimum qualifications.

Most are Officers, and minimum rank is Flight Sergeant.

For most RAF trades, you also need no qualifications....

For Army officers you need the same qualifications as RAF officers.

Most Army Trades are quite technical now (and I include many Infantry Trades), and the length of the training reflects this....it doesnt stop with the 6 weeks basic, like in the old days. Some of the weapons they use are quite complex.

If you then go into the more technical Corps; such as Artillery, Signals, Engineers....well it becomes plain your talking out of you backside.

I know one guy that would have trouble doing 8 X 7, but can strip, fix and reassemble a BATES computer system with no hassel.......so, is he thick? Or just not good at Math?

I worked with those systems for years...I couldnt do that, they arent exactly as simple as a PC.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    every unit is as valueable as the other....

and RF made a VERY good point..

hell im a retard @ maths i can barely do long division&#33;

but i can at the same time do lots of other thing&#39;s which many others cant.. i mean a sniper for E.G may not be very good at english.. but he can nail his target 10/10 form 1000 yards...

so at the end of the day.. lets just realise our forces kick ass...

and to be honest leech.. i know what you mean... i thoguth abotu it.. my mate who got like 10a*&#39;sd @ GCSE is heading to RAF...
    whereas me (4 gcse&#39;s) was headed for infantry.. so i think that is why i got a little defensive...

once again my pologies

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    uk tank - uk tank
    "nuff said"

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@25 March 2003 - 11:54
    Great now even people I like on this board are America bashing.

That&#39;s really too bad and kind of making me sad. I don&#39;t know whether to reply to all this or just spam Lounge till I get banned or some mod takes their head out their ass.

So at k-lite it is WRONG to curse but America bashing is okay? I mean I would like some mod or admin to clarify this for me.

Take a look at my sig and what flags I fly. I am sick of people bashing my fucking country and it&#39;s people.

-SJ™
    I completely agree. While I don&#39;t post an awful lot, I have been coming to this board for quite some time now. I also find the American bashing becoming quite intollerable. I served my country in Desert Storm proudly, and while I don&#39;t consider myself to be overly intelligent, I get by. Please have some consideration before typing some ignorant post cutting down a whole group of people. I as well as my father and his father served America proudly with military service. Friendly fire will ALWAYS happen and with all the media available now you are more likely to hear about it. It is all to EASY to sit behind a computer and criticise these soldiers for costly mistakes like FF, but TRY even for a moment to put yourself in one of these soldiers shoes. I&#39;m sure a large percentage of them would rather be here discussing games, movies and such.

Sorry for the rant, just a little upset lately about a few things going on.

Have a nice day.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    if i could i would shake your hand good sir...

i am only a pup @ 17 but i have tried to join the services... but got rejected due to a paralax muscle in my left eye...

but i am still a military fanatic.. and as much as some people wouild comdemn me for that i enjoy it.. i DONT enjoy war.. or anything of the sort but nevertheless i take a huge interest in it.. i have read much about Desert Storm... and therefore.. i have mad respect for any marine/soldier unfortunate enough to be in ANY war..

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    This seems to have drifted off topic. This started as a way of venting some frustration about being shot at by our allies. Cause it doesn&#39;t help that two of our own tanks have just opened fire at each other and two choppers flew into one another. But it&#39;s only human nature to point the blame for an accident.

@Romeo187
    Apology accepted and I’m sorry if I offended you in anyway.

It would be hypocritical of me to say that qualifications were an indication of intelligence, their not. All they mean is that the person has the ability to retain information. Qualifications like a university degree just show that the person has the strength of character to see something through and won’t drop out when the going gets tough. I run a small business doing computer aided engineering, 3D designs. Do I have any qualifications for this, the simply answer is no. I left school with a handful of CSE’s and O level’s. Then I had years of training in practical applications of engineering and I ended up with a long list of City & Guilds qualifications. The pieces of paper don’t mean anything it’s the training that’s important, the life experience if you like. It’s strange and I’ve found this in all walks of life, the more and higher the qualifications a person has the lower the common sense of that person. It’s as if they missed out on the life experience. Like I said I run my own company and I employ three engineers one of which has a degree, is he smarter than the other two, no he’s not as he isn’t able to problem solve. He’s very good once he’s told what he needs to do but he can’t figure it out for himself, which is why I don’t pay him as much as the other two. So am I smart, I have no qualifications in design work but that doesn’t mean I can’t do it because I can. I employ people that know more about it that me and I employ an accountant that can save me a lot of money. It’s important to use people’s talents and abilities. Take my accountant he costs me £200 a year for he’s service as I don’t employ him on a full time basis, but he saves me about £2700 per month on my income tax bill.

I seem to be drifting off topic again, so what I’m saying is that a person’s abilities are more important than their qualifications.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Hey Romeo dude, no worries.

Well same to you too Leech Killer, just that in these times I am jsut too tired of what I have seen in text, but at least I can say that and you don&#39;t go all internet apeshit on me here. That&#39;s why I like you man, you can talk about what you want and be smart about it.

My only point here is I wish people did not judge us all man, it makers me sad, though I am glad you can post your opinions and feelings.

I really DO like you bro, internet or not.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    out of interest SJ mate what was it that was said tha specifically upset you..?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123