Thread: Dual Monitor Problem

trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier

Surprised/Amazed

Hey, i recently installed a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 graphics card in a PCI slot in my computer... now i already had a graphics card that already came with the computer on the motherboard it came up as a S3 Prosavage grahpics card.. now ever since i installed the Nvidia card i;ve been only able to run the monitor off that card and not off the other. thus i cannot set up dual monitor. the Savage card driver doesn't even show up in my device manager. and i tried getting new drivers but they are all for Win 98 and ME and i;'m running xp pro.. please help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Is there an option in the control panel to re enable the onboard graphics?

Also, after you boot up using on graphics card, I would always try going into display properties, and seeing if you can turn on the extra monitor anyway, after u plug it into the other port. Worth a shot that way, but I know it can be tricky if using Onboard and a graphics card, not even sure if its possible, because I am using Dual monitors but on my dual output Radeon 9500 Pro (flashed to 9700Pro)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i dont think thats possible.........

on some mobo's it might be, but usually if you have a graphics card it will take over the graphics..........

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    S.o.b