Thread: Nero Problem, Pls Heeeelp!

My good people,

I have been using nero cd burner software for more than three years without a any problem. But lately the reverse is the case.

I started having the problem immidiately I downloaded its latest update which is version 5.5.10.15 OEM.

This is the problem:

Each time I want to start burning, if I click to open "Write CD Dialog" or "CD Copy Dialog" the program would just disappear immediately.

And when this happens I can only be able to restart the program if I go to the Windows Task Manager to "End proceess" of burning engine called "imapi.exe". If I try to restart nero without doing this it will display below error message;

"Another application is currently using the Windows burning engine(IMAPI). Please quit the other application and start Nero again."

I have not been able to burn CDs because of this problem. I have done fresh re-installation more than 3 times to no avail. Please I will appriciate any help from anyone. I use Win XP pro.

Thanx in advance.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    HI &#33;
    Al ia can think could b causein the conflict with nero is windows own built in bunrer ,tri deactivating it,c if that works.If u use nero or somthing u don&#39;t need it runnin anyway.

Control panel/admintools/component servives/services/
    then look through the list for -imapi cd burning-right click and press stop
    Good luck&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DARKSHADOW,

I did what you suggested and started nero the problem still repeated. I tried to restart it never started. It seems "mapi" is important to nero because putting it off affect it.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    have you tried just reinstalling nero?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Master YodaX,

If you had read my post well, you would have obviously understood that I&#39;ve re-installed it 3 times.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Agamalizard
    It should&#39;nt have affected it&#33;U could tri reinstallin nero while its deactivated&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ps u could also check for an update on your motherboard drivers
    (e.g bus master drivers)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have finally rectified the stupid problem For anyone who may encounter such problem this below is the remedy.

I unstalled nero and used a program called "jv16 PowerTools" to clean up the registry, which makes registry free of craps. Then I re-installed nero and it starts working perfectly as usual I recommend it to you guys.

Thanx guys, for all you noble suggestions.