Thread: How do money orders work?

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I'm going to sell some football (american) tickets on ebay, and I'm trying to figure out how to recieve payment. I don't want to do it by paypal cus they take a percentage, and the best thing I can think of is money order. So if someone were to send me a money order would i just go to the post office (or wherever they got it) and I would get the cash value? If it matters the sell price would be atleast 250 dollars. Thanks.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Comic_Peddler's Avatar Poster
    You will recieve the money order in the mail, then you will have to put it into your bank account.

Money orders are safe for the seller to recieve, as the person who bought it has already put up the money.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    if its a us postal service money order can i just get it cashed at the post office or do they not like to hand out hundreds of dollars in cash? I'd like to cash it before I send it just to make sure. Also, can you cash it in an account thats not in the same name on the money order, like my parents?
    Last edited by mogadishu; 12-14-2004 at 12:08 AM.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you dont have to put it in a bank account, just take it to the bank show some ID and cash it, thats it.