Thread: Question about extracting a file.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    i tried extracting a compressed file with winRAR , and the file asks me for a password , does anyone know a good extracting program that can skip through this (password) ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    i tried extracting a compressed file with winRAR , and the file asks me for a password , does anyone know a good extracting program that can skip through this (password) ?
    None exist, you definitely need the password. The password itself is used in the encryption/compressing of the file.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Google for it, there are quite a few apps Clicky

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by danb
    Google for it, there are quite a few apps Clicky
    But none of them work. Unless the password is something easy like Britney Spears or Homer Simpson, they usually come with a shitty wordlist that contains common passwords.

All brute-force cracking programs are a waste of time when there is only one possible correct outcome and you've no character limit or any clue as to what it might resemble.

It would take more than a human lifetime for one of those programs to crack a password like ahju87lhfa3012rt
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    But none of them work. Unless the password is something easy like Britney Spears or Homer Simpson, they usually come with a shitty wordlist that contains common passwords.

All brute-force cracking programs are a waste of time when there is only one possible correct outcome and you've no character limit or any clue as to what it might resemble.

It would take more than a human lifetime for one of those programs to crack a password like ahju87lhfa3012rt

I have never had to use them

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    google for the file.......

especially if it was a file released by a crackin group, youve got a real good chance of finding it..........

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You usually don't get them. Like manker said, when i had one to crack oncee i tried with 2, 3, 4 digits then once up to 5 or 6 it starts to take hours to finish cracking. anymore and your at days, months, even years to finish cracking.