Thread: NIS 2005 (Warning !!)

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Tongue

For thoes who r going to install NIS 2005, stop right there.... many users had network problems but i didnt listen to them, yesterday i installed this shit and my internet (lan) speed was down i couldnt browse a single page, i couldnt figure out what was the problem after uninstalling NIS and refrshing my connection everything came back to normal, stick to NIS 2004 pro or wait untill pro version of NIS comes out mybe it has any fix.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I wouldnt' use any Norton software aside from NAV Corp

There is a crack in everything.
    That's how the light gets in.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i have bad experiance with Norton products, these shits screws up if u try to unistall it, every time i unistall one of it softwares after next reboot i get server Norton error. and i must reinstall windows. thier uninstalling tools is no good too.

The main thing i loved in NIS 2005 before i unistall it is Merging both NIS and NAv taskbar icons in one, there will be 1 icons for both of them.
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 10-08-2004 at 07:07 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    The only Norton/Symantec product I use is WinDoctor.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vampiro's Avatar Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    i have installed NIS05 and havent had a single problem with networking or slowage on the net

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Unless they reduce the system resources needed for NIS overall, I think that I am going to stick with my Symantec Client Security suite for a firewall/anti-virus solution.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    hmmm...I have NIS 2004 (bought and paid for). I considered getting 2005 for a friend, but i guess Ill wait also. (I dont want to be the cause of a puter issue, and look more retarded than i already do )

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Back in 2002, I bought the "Norton Internet Security" bundle, installed it and it worked great for about two months, then next thing I know it doesn't load, when I try to uninstall it it says only an administrator could uninstall the software (just so you know, I was logged in as administrator) after several months of deciding whether to submit to NIS or reformat and lose all my data. I decided to reformat and get rid of the crapware.

OG NOD32!
    Last edited by NightStalker; 10-09-2004 at 02:09 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NightStalker
    Back in 2002, I bought the "Norton Internet Security" bundle, installed it and it worked great for about two months, then next thing I know it doesn't load, when I try to uninstall it it says only an administrator could uninstall the software (just so you know, I was logged in as administrator) after several months of deciding whether to submit to NIS or reformat and lose all my data. I decided to reformat and get rid of the crapware.
    Well, you're a twat then, aren't you?
    When you uninstall NIS, you need to log on to a NIS account with supervisor priveledges. It tells you this, so if you don't read the message properly and misunderstand, that's not the fault of NIS, is it?
    I know this because I charged a guy £30 for ten minutes work uninstalling NIS2004 from his Win98SE installation for the very same reason - and that included booting his machine twice.