Thread: n00b Question about DVD burning

Surprised/Amazed

OK, I am likely to sound like the biggest idiot coming in here asking for basically how to burn dvds but here I go...

Ok, I got a new computer recently with a dvd burner (my old comp doesnt have one so its new to me) and basically I wanna know how to be able to make copies of dvds like make "backup" copies of the ones I own and or the local video rental shop.

Now I tried looking through some of the guides that were on the stickies but for some reason I would chlick the link and simply be taken to the forum index.

My dvd burner takes DVD+R dvds so I went out and bought a few blank ones. Then I went to burn a dvd (Van Wilder) and I used a program called "DVD X Copy Xpress" to do it. So I whack in the dvd, I say that I am burning the dvd for backup purposes on teh terms of use agreement and it starts uploading to my computer, then after a while its finished and I am prompted to put in the blank DVD which I do so and it burns with phenomenal speed and I exclaim "that was quick!" so I take it out and whack it into my DVD player and it hasn't burnt past the opening thing where it says like "tristar pictures" or whatever.

So what am I doing wrong?

If there is an answer in an old topic or a guide could you please give me the link because I couldnt find it using search.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    shit IKE better fix the links up new boards screwed it up

Yeah i assume one of the guides you were trying to look at was mine??

Ill try and find search for it!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Get 2 programs - DVDShrink and Nero. Install Nero before using DVDShrink. With DVDShrink you can change what sections of the dvd have more/less quality taken out (i.e. main movie isnt touched much but dvd extras are removed). You'll see how you can mess with it and all.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    with x copy xpress, apparently it only burns the movie and not like the menus and shit or the extras (I don't usually watch the extras anyway unless they are interesting )

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    muchspl2
    question was answered in post 3

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    so is that just how you copy them?

Coos I though it would be just like using nero when you copy, like whack it in and copy straight to a blank.

Do I need to do more if it was copyrighted, like is it protected from copy or something?

Can I download DVDshrink?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by _mattyboy_
    so is that just how you copy them?

Coos I though it would be just like using nero when you copy, like whack it in and copy straight to a blank.

Do I need to do more if it was copyrighted, like is it protected from copy or something?

Can I download DVDshrink?
    You cannot to that unless you haev a duel layed burner with duel layed disk which will cost about $50 each

a orignal DVD you buy a a store is a DVD-9 holes 8 gig a DVDr is 4.7 gig

you must use DVDshrink to compress it too fit on the DVDr

DVD shrink is freeware www.dvdshrink.org only about 1 meg long

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    thanks, I already downloaded it using Kazaa lite but I still think that X copy Xpress was meant to compress it.......

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    moron

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    well it says its meant to compress moron