Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Of Nu-metal

imported_computerfreak76
    metal i agree with you i am diversified with my music as well. i like a little bit of everything including old school rap. you know what gets me is the punks that say well my music is better than your music rah rah rah.

i think only a real loser would put someone down just because they like metallica or michael bolton. i mean music is music no two people are going to like the same kinds. it just pisses me off when someone asks you hey man what do you listen to? and then you tell them and they are like ohhh they suck and they suck thats just fucking stupid. grow up dammit!!

2. Music   -   #12
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    exactly......

3. Music   -   #13
    Originally posted by carbert@25 March 2003 - 17:34
    as i saw on MTV2, sales for link park's new album Meteora have been disappointing to say the least. This prompted the station to announce the death of nu-metal to be appon us. This can only be a good thing, in my opinion, as bands that i myself class as nu-metal (LP, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Slipknot etc.) were overproduced, overhyped pieces of shit. This leaves me with several questions, however: If Nu-Metal is dead, when was it born? Who were the first Nu-Metal bands? Did they know what they were creating? And what new alternative craze will replace it? Suggestions and discussion please.
    Nu-metal is good so fuck off you stupid shit!!!!

4. Music   -   #14
    exactly......
    A reply very constructive, thX dude..

5. Music   -   #15
    well, guess i touched several nerves on this one. i didn't set out to offend anyone, i was just offering my opinion and asking for yours, which is what i got i guess. maybe its just cos im english and i see the whole nu-metal thing as american, i dont know, but you listen to whatever you want, its not my place to tell you otherwise. btw, if anyone cares, im not a metalhead, i listen to bands like nofx, bad religion and the descendents, and i am a big fan of ska. so there

6. Music   -   #16
    Its only been on sale for 7 days. How dissapointed could they be?
    and
    i must admit that i WAS disappointed in their {linkin park's} new album, very short compared to Hybrid Theory.....but STILL, there are alot of cool tracks on there.....
    I think this sums up my opinion pretty well. it is very short and i will say i liked hybrid theory (at the time) better than this record. That said, there are some very good songs on this cd as well and i still think LP is one of my favorite bands. And yes, i listen to rap too.

7. Music   -   #17
    Hmmmmmm, Nu metal? I really don't think of it AS new metal, while it is hard shit, it is not the METAL I grew up with. I do like korn, disturbed, system of a down, ect........ But metal? I think not! It reminds me more of hard rock!
    I guess when you listen to what I do (cradle of filth, amorphis, white skull, iced earth, iron maiden, ect.....) You kinda have to look at "Nu metal" as the "Beta" male of the pack!
    Is it on the way out?, I don't think so! It is diverse, talented, and melodic. It truly shows how far music can be taken.
    Rock on! B)

8. Music   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yes dam i absolutely hate nu metal so much we all know that now don't we?>?

and doesn't look dead to me which is a shame

9. Music   -   #19
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    wtf exactly is 'nu-metal' anyway?

*fkdup just fkn hates genres.........

if you mean the rap/rock hybrids......yeah, they suck mostly.......

limp dickless and lickin pork come to mind.........

but tool, godsmack, disturbed.....all great bands.....

so...wtf is 'nu-metal'?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

10. Music   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@12 March 2004 - 00:45
    wtf exactly is 'nu-metal' anyway?

*fkdup just fkn hates genres.........

if you mean the rap/rock hybrids......yeah, they suck mostly.......

limp dickless and lickin pork come to mind.........

but tool, godsmack, disturbed.....all great bands.....

so...wtf is 'nu-metal'?
    I agree with you 100% all those 3 bands are great IMA nu metal isn't metal

nu metal is this rap rock POD LIMP DICK and limpon farts stuff oh and kid rock

pretty much for peopel who can;t play guitar

those 3 bands you metnion are just great hard rock

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast