Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Look what I found.

  1. #1

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    Iím glad thatís you and not me posting an article like that.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    i don't think bush did lie. i believe he was totally convinced without a doubt about Iraq way before he was president.... but i do think he has done much to cover the truth as it has been revealed

    itís an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    2,008

    Here are just a few examples that prove that the Bush administration didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction...
    So how does quoting some prominent democrats prove the Bush administration didn't lie about WMD?

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Well, I don't know, Vid. After reading these quotes, I don't think he is the only one good at covering up the truth, do you?

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Excellent site.

    It's amazing that they all (along with Bush) have been proven wrong.

    It seems the sanctions were working but seemed to be weakening.

    Ultimately strengthening the sanctions were the best route not war.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Excellent site.

    It's amazing that they all (along with Bush) have been proven wrong.

    It seems the sanctions were working but seemed to be weakening.

    Ultimately strengthening the sanctions were the best route not war.

    If we are examing issues, it is best to get a wide variety of viewpoints, don't you think, Busyman?

    I do not condone the war. There has got to be a better way. On the other hand, how long do you go with sanctions that were working, but weakening?

    Lots of things to think about.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    So how does quoting some prominent democrats prove the Bush administration didn't lie about WMD?


    I am not even going to try to defend Bush here. But if he is to be thrown in the wastebasket, it sure looks to me like he ought to have a lot of company.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose

    If we are examing issues, it is best to get a wide variety of viewpoints, don't you think, Busyman?

    I do not condone the war. There has got to be a better way. On the other hand, how long do you go with sanctions that were working, but weakening?

    Lots of things to think about.
    Not really.

    If the sanctions were working all this time and...(and they were)

    we just recognized they were weakening then...

    change the approach to the sanctions.

    Sanctions began in '91 (I think). It's now 2004. Where was the missile strike from Iraq all this time?

    If sanctions weaken on every country that is ..uh..sanctioned, do we then invade their country in a prolonged war?

    btw What was your first question for?
    Other viewpoints are nothing new on this forum but either way thanks for the site.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-09-2004 at 01:39 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Not really.

    If the sanctions were working all this time and...(and they were)

    we just recognized they were weakening then...

    change the approach to the sanctions.

    Sanctions began in '91 (I think). It's now 2004. Where was the missile strike from Iraq all this time?

    If sanctions weaken on every country that is ..uh..sanctioned, do we then invade their country in a prolonged war?

    btw What was your first question for?
    Saddam killed his own citizens as he pleased.

    The sanctions only took resources from the Shia and common Iraqi citizens. These resources were focused on supporting Saddam's Sunni friends and his military.

    As Rat pointed out, Iraqi's were dying left and right (100's of thousands) due to a lack of effort from Saddam to provide for his people, in combination with sanctions.

    The war SAVED Iraqi lives.

    I'm a bit baffled as to how Saddam, who was building palaces the entire time, was at all interested in these silly sanctions. They didn't effect him one iota.

    The sanctions were imposed to induce revolution, it didn't work and wasn't going to.

    Bottom line, we wanted him out, he is out.

    As for missile strikes, China has never bombed us. Am I to assume they cannot? 9/11 taught us that a stitch in time saves nine. Saddam was a pretty easy stitch. China, that is another matter, but if we could disarm them, we damn sure would.
    Last edited by hobbes; 10-09-2004 at 01:56 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •